cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

UBD-K8500 4K blu-ray slow response when eg next track

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got a K8500 4K UltraHD blu-ray player - nice, but is about 2-3 sec lag when clicking things like fast forward - either click or hold.

Yes, it is on the latest firmware.

I experienced the 3-4 sec blank screen thing when playing an old non bluray dvd so did a reset (hold stop on unit for 8 secs) which corrected that.

However, there is a 2-3 sec delay when trying to move through a blu-ray - 4K or regular. Any solution? or just the nature of the beast?

TV is new Vizio V436-G1 4K with HDR10.

HDMI cables are Monster 21gig.

I do not use the smart hub as I do all my streaming stuffs with a Roku, but it is plugged to an RJ-45 at 100Mb

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: UBD-K8500 4K blu-ray slow response when eg next track

JUMP TO SOLUTION

AHA!!! read on!!!

I had been thinking it was a "nature of the beast" due to a slow/overloaded processor chip. But I seem to recall reading somewhere that it had an octa-core (don't know if correct) which should be plenty fast.

While googling for problems with this player I ran into a few/lot of folks complaining about the SMART HUB agreement on setup which supposedly gives okay to sammy about data (I didn't read it)

I have no need for the Smart Hub as I only use my 4kRoku for streaming stuff, so I , again, reset the player - hold stop button on player (not remote) for 8 secs: whole reset process takes about a minute. This time I chose to skip the agree box and let it do it's setup - only difference on home page is no apps. No problem.

So I stuck in my new Martian 4K extended and let it start up. And then tried clicking a few fast forward's - NEAR INSTANTANEOUS RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!

So if you need the smart hub, put up with the slow response, or to get rid of it just do a forced reset as above.

Voila!!!  Happy camper!!!

Please mark as SOLVED!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

AHA!!! read on!!!

I had been thinking it was a "nature of the beast" due to a slow/overloaded processor chip. But I seem to recall reading somewhere that it had an octa-core (don't know if correct) which should be plenty fast.

While googling for problems with this player I ran into a few/lot of folks complaining about the SMART HUB agreement on setup which supposedly gives okay to sammy about data (I didn't read it)

I have no need for the Smart Hub as I only use my 4kRoku for streaming stuff, so I , again, reset the player - hold stop button on player (not remote) for 8 secs: whole reset process takes about a minute. This time I chose to skip the agree box and let it do it's setup - only difference on home page is no apps. No problem.

So I stuck in my new Martian 4K extended and let it start up. And then tried clicking a few fast forward's - NEAR INSTANTANEOUS RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!

So if you need the smart hub, put up with the slow response, or to get rid of it just do a forced reset as above.

Voila!!!  Happy camper!!!

Please mark as SOLVED!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have discovered another change with this.

Running with SmartHub present and allowed, viewing a dvd, whenever I would press pause to temp stop play, press pause again would correctly start play, but WITH A 2 SEC LIP SYNC DELAY.

After the reset and setup W/O SmartHub, there is no such delay.

Another bonus!!!