cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

UBD-K8500 Ultra HD Blueray "disc does not meet specification" error

I see a firmware fix is coming for the UBD-M9500, how about the UBD-K8500?  I just got this error tring to play a Netflix "Angel has Fallen" Blueray.  Since Samsung is not making players anymore should we all just go buy Sony players?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: UBD-K8500 Ultra HD Blueray "disc does not meet specification" error

I'm sure the firmware update will be availble across the model lineup when it becomes available.

Steve

Highlighted
Asteroid

I agree. I have the Samsung UBD-KM85C/ZA, and have experienced this exact error with several BDs from Netflix lately... Angel Has Fallen is the latest. I know it's not the disk, as I put it in an old Sony bluray player that I have in my office and it played without a hitch. I actually got excited when I saw that the 9500 players received their update yesterday, but when I check my player, there was no update available - only the old 1015 firmware version from April 2018.

The errors I'm experiencing are EXACTLY the same as those in the forum post: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/UBD-M9500-4K-Blu-Ray-Player-quot-disc-does-not-meet... and https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/UBD-M8500-Disc-does-not-meet-specifications-error/t.... Changing BDLive to "Prohibit" did not fix the issue.

"Crawl", "Scarey Stories to Tell in the Dark", and "Angel Has Fallen" have all failed to play for me.

It's gotten to the point that I cross my fingers and hope for the best anytime I put a new disk in this player. Very disappointed, as I purchased this brand due to satisfaction with other products made by Samsung - Fridge, Washer/Dryer, TV. Really questioning if I need to re-think my brand loyalty.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here. Samsung need to extend the fix to the K8500, or I guarantee it's the last Sansung product I buy (and I'm a dedicated Galaxy user and also have Samsung TVs).

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue on recently released Blu-Rays.  I saw where a firmware update was released for the 9500, but we need a similar update for this player!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Anyone heard any updates on when this will be available on these models?  The fix for the 9500 came out a few weeks ago.

Hoping it will be soon.

Maybe @SamsungAl  or @SamsungAlix can help?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Can anyone from Samsung provide an update?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm still waiting for an answer as well.  Is it time for me to trash my Samsung DVD player, get a Sony, and never buy another Samsung product again?   Sounds that way......       Horrible customer support from Samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

BD-D5700, last firmware update July 26, 2013. 

Some blu-rays that played perfectly now won't play on the Samsung.

Bought a brand new Panasonic -- and the same blu-rays won't play on that.

Are manufacturers adding "USe By" dates to the discs?

Highlighted
Constellation

having the same issue we need the newest update from DECEMBER 2019   i think its update 113to give us some kind of update..   ONLY need a new codex or format update to our players to play newer disk ..

can we get a samsung rep in here to help get some clarity if we will get the update as well???