JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UBD-K8500/ZA Having issues playing any discs

(Topic created: 10-04-2018 09:23 PM)
userLZRvpSiPf3
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

All I have to say is that I am very disappointed with my player and Samsung right now.  I started having playback issues when I first tried playing Deadpool 2 4k disc.  Since then it seems to have started affecting every movie that I own.  Nothing seems to want to work.  Even discs that I played before are no longer responding.  I have found that if I power cycle enough times, I may get the disc to finally play.  It may still have playback issues though.  That is, of course, best case.  The standard seems to be disc not recognized, disc dirty, not authorized, or even that it is just a data disc.

I have contacted support and tried everything they have suggested several times.  The final response is that there is an issue with the blu-ray lens and that I need to start a service request to get it looked at.  Thing is, I can't even get that page to open.  I am faced with a page not found error when I click on it.  Apparently, I can't even request service.  It doesn't help that it is now out of warranty service either.

Don't see any solution to this and it seems I now have a 200 dollar brick! If I ever can get service, I am probably going to be out who knows how much.   Samsung doesn't seem to be much help and obviously doesn't care about making a product that is going to be quality and work for years to come.  I have the first DVD player I ever bought from 20 years ago and I still use it today.  Thanks for wasting my time and money Samsung.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

We can set up that service for you if you would like.  Could you send a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

We can set up that service for you if you would like.  Could you send a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Members_05bAefc
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have this problem as well - how can I get it fixed or do I need to toss this player?

0 Likes