JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UBD-KM85C. No longer receiving IR signals from Remote.

(Topic created on: 10/28/20 11:01 AM)
userL0kjwhZdBH
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hey all, I hope this is the right place!  

My Samsung 4K BluRay player appears to no longer take signals from my remote! The control over HDMI still works which gives me some rudimentary control, but when I try the remote (the original with new battery and confirmed working with cellphone camera) it doesn't respond at all.  Reset, latest firmware, full power cycles, etc.

So I suppose it needs repair, but I don't know where to start! 

Bought from a Fry's Electronics that has since closed, approximately 1.5yr old, and no receipt. : (

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

I think you should let a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
Jamsey
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
help
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

I think you should let a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Home Theater

yeah I'd recommend going to Samsung website and just purchasing a new one . With all the time and effort you will spend researching what "possible" solutions it "could" be it could already be on the way to delivery if that makes sense. I've had a remote fairly new go out on me and it ended up being a cracked reflective glass inside the molding. I had to pay $24 but it was nothing compared to the countless hours I'll never get back researching the solution. Sometimes you just gotta Chuck it in the Bucket and make a decision of what's more costly the $30 or the 30 hours

0 Likes
userL0kjwhZdBH
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The remote appears to be fine, It's been mostly unused and it does flash signals out.  Likely the issue is with the IR receiver circuit on the unit. 

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Home Theater
Oh also. If you happen to have a Samsung phone with IR equipped tech then you can always download the Samsung Remote App from the App store and use it. It runs really well and you might end up enjoying it and drop yet another remote that gets lost or laying about the house. my phone doesnt have an IR sensor sadly but there are countless ones that do. Having all your controls in a device that stays with you normally anyways might end up being more convenient
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Home Theater
Gotcha. Yeah that'll have to be replaced by someone who specializes.
0 Likes