Original topic:

UBD-KM85C/ZA - Multiple new bluray disks "do not meet specifications" error.

(Topic created on: 11/22/20 12:13 PM)
userHO27l3uVwF
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have the Samsung UBD-KM85C/ZA, and have experienced an error with several BDs from Netflix lately... Angel Has Fallen is the latest. I know it's not the disk, as I put it in an old Sony bluray player that I have in my office and it played without a hitch. I actually got excited when I saw that the 9500 players received an update yesterday to address the exact problem with M9500 players, but when I check my player there was no update available - only the old 1015 firmware version from April 2018.

The errors I'm experiencing are EXACTLY the same as those in the forum post: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/UBD-M9500-4K-Blu-Ray-Player-quot-disc-does-not-meet... and https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/UBD-M8500-Disc-does-not-meet-specifications-error/t.... Changing BDLive to "Prohibit" did not fix the issue.

"Crawl", "Scarey Stories to Tell in the Dark", and "Angel Has Fallen" have all failed to play for me.

It's gotten to the point that I cross my fingers and hope for the best anytime I put a new disk in this player. Very disappointed, as I purchased this brand due to satisfaction with other products made by Samsung - Fridge, Washer/Dryer, TV. Really questioning if I need to re-think my brand loyalty.

Are there plans, and an ETA, for when the fix will trickle to our players?

15 Replies
UpsetCustomer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Can you provide an update, @SamsungRei ?

0 Likes
Zonkerlives
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same issue as described above. I just purchased a new bluRay disc, only to find that it won't play on my Samsung UBD-KM85C-ZA. I get the exact same error message as the others. I see this has been a problem since at least early December of last year, and Samsung still has no fix. I tried to access phone support, but was told it's not available for my problem. I am frustrated with with both the issue of not being able to play recently purchased media, and also at Samsung's apparent lack of concern/response. We live in a rural area, and have very weak internet and no access to broadcast television, consequently we rely on physical media for watching movies. If Samsung can't solve this issue in a timely manner, or even be bothered to provide updates, I will be looking for another player...and company.

0 Likes
useryupbmFMXpt
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

In December 2019, I spent 90 minutes on the phone with Samsung customer support. The rep spent most of his time telling me that it was a problem with the disc, even though I told him multiple times that it played in my other blu ray player (Crawl on blu ray). There is still no firmware update and Samsung announced a few months ago that they will not be making 4k players anymore. Apparently, Samsung thinks that their discontinued manufacturing of these players somehow obviates their responsibility to allow customers who own 4k players to be able to still use them. I don't know about you, but I didn't spend close to $300 for something just to not work after a few years because the company who made it won't spend a few hours issuing a software update. Might return to Costco with a note. Then Samsung can just eat the cost of the whole thing and I can buy a new player from LG. This household will never buy anything from

Samsung again. If you do not even pretend to be loyal to your own customers then you don't deserve them. 

0 Likes
userNm5LYpekSb
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

So how old is this posting? When are we going to get an update? I have the same problem with my same model 4K BluRay player as well. It just happened with a new BD I purchased. My old Panasonic Blu Ray player  worked fine.  Samsung TVs also are having issues with the auto sensing for room lighting 2 months after the warranty expired, Samsung said they wouldn't fix it. My older TV had blown capacitors which were clearly Samsung defective and I had to replace them myself. I'm done with this company.

0 Likes
userrgE8ecnWYo
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Terrible SUPPORT, MY 2017 & 2007 SAMSUNG BLU-RAY PLAYERs WILL NOT PLAY 6 MONTH OLD Blu-ray DISCS BECAUSE SAMSUNG REFUSES TO UPDATE FIRMWARE DATED 2018!!!! Please HELP! I also have SAMSUNG WASHER THAT WAS RECALLED & I HAD TO PAY OUT OF MY POCKET FOR REPAIRS YEARS AGO & STILL WAITING FOR RECALL SETTLEMENT TO REIMBURSE ME !! I am close to NEVER BUYING ANOTHER SAMSUMG PRODUCT!!!!!!

0 Likes
userrgE8ecnWYo
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I was going to say this is Terrible SUPPORT from Samsung but this is NO SUPPORT from Samsung!!
MY 2017 & 2007 SAMSUNG BLU-RAY PLAYERs WILL NOT PLAY 6 MONTH OLD Blu-ray DISCS BECAUSE SAMSUNG REFUSES TO UPDATE FIRMWARE DATED 2018!!!!  Is that the reason?  IDK.  Please HELP! I also have SAMSUNG WASHER THAT WAS RECALLED & I HAD TO PAY OUT OF MY POCKET FOR REPAIRS YEARS AGO & STILL WAITING FOR RECALL SETTLEMENT TO REIMBURSE ME !! I am close to NEVER BUYING ANOTHER SAMSUMG PRODUCT!!!! Now I must buy NEW NON ** Samsung DVD PLAYER & TELL FRIENDS, NEIGHBORS & THE WORLD USING SOCIAL MEDIA YOU CANNOT BUY Samsung products for these reasons!!!!!!*

0 Likes