cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

UBD-KM85C/ZA - Multiple new bluray disks "do not meet specifications" error.

I have the Samsung UBD-KM85C/ZA, and have experienced an error with several BDs from Netflix lately... Angel Has Fallen is the latest. I know it's not the disk, as I put it in an old Sony bluray player that I have in my office and it played without a hitch. I actually got excited when I saw that the 9500 players received an update yesterday to address the exact problem with M9500 players, but when I check my player there was no update available - only the old 1015 firmware version from April 2018.

The errors I'm experiencing are EXACTLY the same as those in the forum post: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/UBD-M9500-4K-Blu-Ray-Player-quot-disc-does-not-meet... and https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/UBD-M8500-Disc-does-not-meet-specifications-error/t.... Changing BDLive to "Prohibit" did not fix the issue.

"Crawl", "Scarey Stories to Tell in the Dark", and "Angel Has Fallen" have all failed to play for me.

It's gotten to the point that I cross my fingers and hope for the best anytime I put a new disk in this player. Very disappointed, as I purchased this brand due to satisfaction with other products made by Samsung - Fridge, Washer/Dryer, TV. Really questioning if I need to re-think my brand loyalty.

Are there plans, and an ETA, for when the fix will trickle to our players?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UBD-KM85C/ZA - Multiple new bluray disks "do not meet specifications" error.

Unfortunately, we are unable to speculate about the release of future updates.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: UBD-KM85C/ZA - Multiple new bluray disks "do not meet specifications" error.

Is there a way to make sure that support is aware of this issue, and possibly update regarding next steps? This seems to be an issue that can only be addressed by a software update, and currently I have a player that I have been unable to use with many newly-released disks. I don't mind a reasonable wait for a fix, but would appreciate some information regarding whether or not a fix is being worked on.

Highlighted
Asteroid

We are having the same issue with blu-rays from Red Box. We finally stopped using the player and moved our older player into the tv room. Frustrating since there have been no further firmware upgrades and Samsung seems to have no answers. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We are very aware of this situation and have requested information regarding a possible update. However, we have received no response from the product support team. Once we know more, we will post the information publicly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you. I appreciate your post, and look forward to hopefully hearing something soon.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I wanted to check in to see if there has been any word on a fix for this issue.

It seems as though the problem has been addressed for the 8500 and 9500 players with a fix.

I hope that we haven't been forgotten.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Checking in again, as it has been a few weeks. Has there been NO response from the product support team yet? Is there any way to follow up on this?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here.  Still no update for this player.  Any idea when Samsung will publish a fix since they hsve rssolved the ssmr isdue on other players?

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm still waiting for an answer as well.  Is it time for me to trash my Samsung DVD player, get a Sony, and never buy another Samsung product again?   Sounds that way......       Horrible customer support from Samsung.