cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

UBD-M8500 not responding to it's own remote, but remote from Samsung Q6 TV will operate it just fine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased this blu-ray player about 2-3 months ago. It is no longer responding to it's own remote, but I also have a Samsung Q6 QLED TV that has a similar remote. The TV remote will operate the blu-ray player just fine. Something else that is strange, is if the screen saver turns on for the blu-ray player, if I pick up it's remote, the blu-ray player comes out of sleep mode. So reacting to me picking up the remote is the only indication that it can respond to it's own remote. No other buttons do anything. I've seen some other posts  talk about replacing the batteries, making sure they are in correctly, and removing the batteries and holding down a button on the remote to reset its microprocessor. I have tried all of those to no avail.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation

Re: UBD-M8500 not responding to it's own remote, but remote from Samsung Q6 TV will operate it just

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, so I happened across the solution by accident. While playing with it, I noticed that if I started a movie playing, most buttons would pause the movie and resume it for each press of the button. Then I noticed that the play/pause button felt funny - it didn't have a click feel to it. I played with it for a bit and apparently loosened it up. Then everything started working. So my problem appears to have beebn a stuck play/pause button. This agrees with the fact that when I used a phone camera to see the IR light, it was continuously flashing before, and now it only flashes if I push a button.

So if your remote isn't working, check it with a phone camera and see if it is continuously flashing the IR signal. If so, you probably have a stuck button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Constellation

Re: UBD-M8500 not responding to it's own remote, but remote from Samsung Q6 TV will operate it just

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, so I happened across the solution by accident. While playing with it, I noticed that if I started a movie playing, most buttons would pause the movie and resume it for each press of the button. Then I noticed that the play/pause button felt funny - it didn't have a click feel to it. I played with it for a bit and apparently loosened it up. Then everything started working. So my problem appears to have beebn a stuck play/pause button. This agrees with the fact that when I used a phone camera to see the IR light, it was continuously flashing before, and now it only flashes if I push a button.

So if your remote isn't working, check it with a phone camera and see if it is continuously flashing the IR signal. If so, you probably have a stuck button.

View solution in original post