Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: UBD-M9500 4K Blu-Ray Player "disc does not meet specifications" error

Apparently, Santa is on his way!

Personal Twitter message received earlier today below

Good Afternoon and thank you for your patience. We have received an update today explaining that our developers have been able to investigate the issue fully, and a firmware update with a fix for this will be released to our website for download. We are unsure of any specific dates, but there will be a release for this. @DonChalant @Usrsld @MrSabin @MrsLee 

Highlighted
Asteroid

If anyone's still keeping track of Blu-Ray discs that get the "specifications" error, please add the new Monty Python box set. Disc 1 of season 1 didn't work for me last night. I'm just going to assume the others also have the same issue. And again, this is a set released within the last two months, that was more than likely authored six to eight months ago. So something happened since the beginning of 2019 that's producing this issue.

But good news that a fix is on the way! Maybe we'll all have a wonderful home video Christmas this year.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Today I got extended warranty replacement for my Samsung UBD-M9500 and got a Sony UBP-X800M2.

I put Angel Has Fallen of the discs into the Sony and it played without a hitch.

I am very happy with my new UltraBlu-Ray player and the frustration of the past month is now past for me.

Hopefully you all get some satisfaction, I was no longer willing to wait for a solution after the 5+ weeks this has been a problem.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Offloaded the Samsung UBD M9500. Also, I had discovered that colors wash out on HDR content when using the Google Play app. Even on the Samsung TV (KS8000, 1241 FW), HDR settings do not kick in with HDR content on the Google Play app.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Further to my "Santa on his way" message, I replied giving my thanks and expressing the hope that it would be resolved before Christmas.

Reply to that received today as below

So do we! This firmware is currently being tested and it should be available to
download from http://spr.ly/60181rLR4 soon. 

@DonChalant @UserXa @MrsLee @Usrsld @MrsE 

Highlighted
Constellation

Awesome, thanks for the update!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Fingers crossed!!!

Steve

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Thank you. Yes, fingers crossed!

Christina

Astronaut

The fact that 1/3 of all blueray disks I rent from Redbox now have this issue, is crazy and pisses me off.  It's even more ridiculous that it's been over a full month since this issue was identified, I have like 40+ products I have purchased from Samsung and I paid several hundreds of dollars for just this unit alone.  Let's get some movement on this.

At this point it almost seems deliberate that maybe Samsung no longer wants to support Blu-ray.  Do the Blu-ray suppliers and the media industry know about that plan?  If that's the case just make online rentals has cheapest Redbox videos and give me a refund for this defective Blu-ray unit.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@userB9ldj3XhI1 

Samsung did decide to exit the disc player market.

This is the last model in the Samsung family. When I read that, I had hoped they would continue supporting this player, up until now that has proven true. I decided to exit the Samsung market and got a different player. The newest release of the Sony X800. It is not only a player that works with the newest discs, but it was also an upgrade in visual and sound performance. At least for now Sony is committed to this market.