cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: UBD-M9500 4K Blu-Ray Player "disc does not meet specifications" error

The relatively long term issue is that this could be the last update that this player receives. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yes the "final update" scenario occurred to me as well.  

Have to say this is the only time I've ever come across this problem with a BR player, so maybe and hopefully it's just one of those things.  If it happens 5/6 years down the line whilst irritating, at least you can take it on the chin far more easily with a player which by then is 7/8 years old than the current 1/2.

@userMWneGx3i5R 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yes, I too was familiar with and had read that Samsung was not going to continue making disc players. Even before I posted on this forum. However, I was hopeful that the character of Samsung would shine and that Samsung would continue to support and update the models they made and sold to all of us. Samsung your actions are not acting in "good faith" towards your customers. Samsung can you say "consumer class action"?

Christina

@DGB 

Asteroid

I bought this Blu-ray player because a Pioneer player bit the dust with a minor problem. The player was not repairable because Pioneer no longer supported the model. I looked into support, quality, price, etc. and determined the intersection of those was the M9500. A year and a half later, it was exit stage left for Samsung from the market as a whole. My original Blu-ray was dead because of a broken part no longer available.

While I agree, this fix may be the final fix, and it may be the last one needed for a long time. I played my last Blu-ray in my player on November 6th. No other rental Blu-rays worked after that. Fortunate for me, I have been buying extended warranty contracts with BB for my electronics. It's cheap insurance for situations like this one and my Pioneer.

Until about 5 years ago I didn't consider those necessary, but I buy them all the time now. They have paid for themselves across all of the ones I've gotten. Some don't, but insurance works that way.

I hope this truly gets resoved, it's now 40 days.

Highlighted
Constellation

No update since last Sunday. What's going on? Really frustrating 

Highlighted
Asteroid

well, I give up. I bought a Sony 4k player.  Samsung is exiting the market and Sony is doubling down on it.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I will be happy to provide you with an update once we receive one.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungRei  @SamsungJustin   @SamsungCaleb   Any chance we can get an update on this issue?

Thanks,  Steve

Highlighted
Asteroid

Those seeking to get a new 4K player, the ones from Panasonic are a great option esp. for features such as HDR Optimizer. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am getting the same error on my UBD-KM85C player.  Right now, I am getting it while trying to play the movie CRAWL.  I also got the error  with movie Red Joan.  The firmware is up to date and I set BD Live to Prohibit.

Any news on when Samsung is gpoing to have a fix for this?