cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UBD-M9500 4K Blu-Ray Player "disc does not meet specifications" error

Hey! Try this link out and keep us updated!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Usrsld
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungCaleb  If you read through the thread you'll see we've all tried that link and the standard solutions do NOT work.  It appears a firmware update is needed.  

Hopefully SOMEONE at Samsung will actually TRY THIS in one of the players mentioned above and report back to this thread.

Thanks,  Steve

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry, we are unable to speculate on the release of future updates. We'll announce publicly if this info becomes available.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Tom81
Asteroid

Hi Caleb

Thanks for this.  Unfortunately the attached link is not helpful at all. This simply advises to check the region of the disc and to make sure BD Live is set to Prohibit.  As mentioned in the posts above, we have all tried changing the BD Live settings, which does not solve the problem. The issue is also not a case of trying to play a disc from a different region to the player.

It is very clear that this is a firmware related issue and  that a firmware update is required urgently to solve this.  It is simply not acceptable that new Samsung players are not capable of playing new blu rays, when older players from other manufacturers have no such problems!

Thanks.

Highlighted
Tom81
Asteroid

@SamsungCaleb 

I'm sorry, are you saying therefore that there is no solution being offered and that we simply have to accept that Samsung blu ray players are not capable of actually playing new blu ray discs?!

I would have thought that Samsung would want to rectify this urgently as this has the potential to be very embarrassing for Samsung from a reputational perspective if it became widely known that Samsung are selling blu ray players which are not actually capable of playing all blu ray discs and are not offering any solution to the problem. 

HDLR
Asteroid

Hear hear!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

So that we can look into this matter further can I have the following information? 

Model Number:

Movie or Show titles:

Firmware:

Place of purchases:

DGB
Cosmic Ray

Just a UK update here.

Today I received a reply to my e-mail to Samsung.  Note the use of the word "reply" as opposed to words like "answer", "apology" or "solution".

Basically I was sent a load of crib sheet rubbish telling me to do a software upgrade.  This despite me already got stating it was up to date and supplying photographic evidence.

I'm asked to check the region of the discs.  I, like everybody else on here, am not stupid.  I know what a Region disc I've bought, where I bought it and where I live.

Whilst I have not replied to that e-mail yet (I'm still trying to calm down), I had also sent a DM to the Samsung twitter account.  A reply of sorts in that have I rung them up.  Well no, but this is based on what other people have said and I don't want to spend two hours on the phone losing the will to live.  I have responded to this though earlier today - copy below.  Trust you will all back me up!

******(

Thank you for your reply.

I know this isn’t your fault personally whoever reads this, but the fact that the machine isn’t working is annoying enough.  What is worse is that we are not being listened to - just patronised, so I’m going to have something of a rant here.

I have not telephoned you about this because others in my position have already done so and got nowhere!  Please see and read the entirety of the comments on your European AND America forums.  You will then understand the anger of your customers.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/UBD-M9500-4K-Blu-Ray-Player-quot-disc-does-not-meet...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/An-American-werewolf-in-London-new-blu-ray/td-p/1378336

Today my e-mail was replied to with basically a load of crib sheet rubbish.  I’m told to do a software upgrade - I have the latest one which I mentioned in my e-mail and gave photographic evidence at the time. I’m told to download it from your website.  Yes there’s one there but it isn’t new or recent.

I’m also told to check the Region of the disc.  I and the other contributors to these forms aren’t stupid - just read the comments!  We know about these things, we know what we’ve bought and we know where we live!

We have all said this is a problem with discs that have been released in the last 2/3 months.  Everything before then works.  It is downright obvious that this is a software issue.

Please in the name of sanity escalate this to your Tech Head immediately otherwise with Christmas coming, many new releases etc, you are going to get inundated with angry customers and plenty of bad publicity.

Tom81
Asteroid

@DGB 

An excellent email!  I am truly amazed at the lack of support from Samsung on this issue and the responses from Samsung moderators on this forum.

The situation as I see it is very simple:
 1.  Samsung 4k blu ray players cannot play recently released Blu Ray discs (a problem which much older players from other manufacturers do not have.).

2.  Samsung have been made aware of the issue and are unable/unwilling to offer any solution.

This is truly astonishing! 

This really does seem to have the makings of another Galaxy Note 7 or Galaxy Fold scandal for Samsung ("Samsung Blu Ray players cannot play Blu Ray discs!"), yet the "solutions" offered both in email and on this forum suggest that Samsung are simply not interested in rectifying this.

A Google search for the same issue over the last few days suggests that this issue is increasing at an alarming rate, as more and more people begin to realise that they can no longer purchase blu ray discs which will work on their Samsung players.  Hopefully as complaints increase exponentially, Samsung will wake up and think about doing something about this.  I am sure that there are technology websites / publications which would be very interested to hear about this issue!!

Tom81
Asteroid

Hi @SamsungCaleb 

The posters in this thread have already provided all of this information as previously requested by @SamsungJustin.  Please see the earlier posts in this thread and the queries from @SamsungJustin  No further response was received and we are now being asked to just provide the same information again, so you will appreciate it seems a bit like we're going in circles!

To repeat my earlier post, the discs I am having the issue with is Star Trek Discovery Season 2. My model is UBD-M9000 nd my firmware version is B-KANTAVWWC-111.4.  The other posters have listed a large number of other recently released titles that present the same issue.

I am based in the UK and my player was purchased here. I realise this is a US forum; however, most of the other posters in this thread are US based and it is clear this is therefore a global issue. I am also raising the same point in the Europe forums.

Anything you can do to look into this and assist would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.