cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: UBD-M9500 4K Blu-Ray Player "disc does not meet specifications" error

Not really sure what "continue to escalate" is supposed to mean.  Either it has been or it hasn't!  Furthermore we don't want it escalating, we want it solved to OUR satisfaction.

Perhaps the Manager of the Product Management Team would be so kind as to prod at his/her keyboard and give us an update, as opposed to hiding behind the moderators on this forum.  Tell you what, I'll write it for him or her.

Dear Customers 

Firstly I wish to apologise for the inconvenience caused by our out of date software and the total refusal to accept any responsibility, along with the abject lack of support given by Senior Management to our various Customer Support teams and as a consequence, to you our customers .  This ignorant and arrogant policy was totally unacceptable and I can promise you it will not be repeated again with any of our products.

I am delighted to inform you that a software update is now available to download from our website or via connecting your BR player to the internet.

Well there you go.  All your so called management has to do now is copy and paste the above and write a software update.  Not exactly planning a landing on Mars is it.

@SamsungRei @SamsungJustin @SamsungCaleb @MrsLee @UserXa @Usrsld 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Copy below of private message just sent to Samsung Twitter account

Thank you for your recent message. As invited, I am now going to shout because I need something else.

I NEED THIS PROBLEM RESOLVED!

Please see the previously quoted link - AGAIN! At the time of typing this, nearly 100 comments on the forum re Samsung apparently doing diddly squit as regards issuing a software update.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/UBD-M9500-4K-Blu-Ray-Player-quot-disc-does-not-meet...

Your customers are getting nowhere ringing Tech Lines and will continue to get nowhere until someone somewhere does their job properly.

In the name of all that’s holy, please refer this to someone in Senior Management.

@UserXa @MrsLee @Usrsld @SamsungRei @SamsungJustin @SamsungCaleb 

Constellation

Just tried playing Angel Has Fallen from Redbox and it wouldn't play. This is a first. But by the looks of the comments, probably not the last. I tried everything suggested and nothing worked. Not buying another Samsung player again, that's for sure.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Reply received today to my private Tweet to Samsung sent yesterday.  Make of it what you will

Thank you for confirming this, David. We are sorry for the confusion here, we can confirm that this case has been escalated along with the forum you sent through to us. Our team is continuing to investigate this, and we have sent the details we requested from you over to them. We will get back to you once there has been any updates! 

@UserXa @MrsLee @MrsE @DonChalant 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello everyone. I'm the original poster of this "disc does not meet specifications" error. Over the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that many of the people who have had this same problem are Internet-screaming at the two or three Samsung techs/employees that frequent this forum.... screaming that they will never buy Samsung products, that Samsung has turned their back on their customers...

Calm down, everyone! We've been told by two of the techs that this issue has been kicked upstairs and it's being looked at. Now, I will allow you a little impatience based around the fact that you'd think Samsung could buy one or two of the problematic discs and throw them into a unit that they *must* have in the labs for situations just like this... But, for right now, they know it's an issue, enough people have complained that they realize it's not just ME, and the Samsung people who visit the forum have made it a priority up the ladder.

So... chill out, everyone. Sure, I'm frustrated, but it's not the end of the world. Give them some time to figure out what the issue is. I'm sure they'll make sure their customer base is satisfied.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Thanks @DonChalant   ...  You took the words right outta my mouth.  Let's be civil folks.  It's taking longer than we'd like, but I'm sure Samsung wants this issue resolved as much as we do.

Best,  Steve

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Sorry if anybody thought I was getting a bit overheated shall we say!  I certainly have no axe to grind with those on the front line who more often than not these days do not get the support of their "superiors".

Unfortunately in recent years I have had 2/3 experiences with organisations/departments where people who should help you either do nothing or feed you a pack of lies.  The fact that a couple of work colleagues have had bad experiences with Samsung too hardly helps.  This is including one who was basically accused of damaging her TV herself - which doesn't exactly boost confidence!

Let's just say the jury is still out on this matter and hope a guilty verdict is not the outcome!

@DonChalant @Usrsld 

Highlighted
Constellation

We have had a UBD-M8500 for a couple of years and have had few problems. I just rented Angel Has Fallen from Netflix and we get the  "disc does not meet specifications" error. We updated the firmware and did all of the other things like check the Network BD Settings. The disc just will not work. After reading many voices on this forum, I have entered a negative review of this product on Amazon and I will be buying a Sony or an LG player this weekend.

I understand that things happen but it is how a company responds that shows their true character. Samsung has done a lousy job of getting in front of this mess.

Highlighted
Constellation

Add this to the list as of yesterday. Disk 3 of the Blu-ray Game of Thrones Season 8 gets the error. The first two disks seem to work fine. My machine is the UBD-M8500 with version 1111 software.

Highlighted
Constellation

I also have concated samsung by phone. They have adivsed me that is is being worked on & a update should be out shortly.  I have been fed up with theis issue and been waiting and gave up. Thus, i went out and bought a Panasonic UP820 4k. To be honest it has more option settings to tweak the picture and has a lot better picture quality.