cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

UBD-M9500 4K Blu-Ray Player "disc does not meet specifications" error

Hi everyone! I have a Samsung 4K player, the UBD-M9500. It's worked perfectly for the last year and a half. However, last night I tried to play a disc and got the error "disc does not meet specifications". It's the new "American Werewolf In London" special edition from Arrow US. I have played dozens of BDs and many 4Ks in this thing, so I know it's not the player. In fact, I put the disc in my old tiny Sony BD player in the bedroom, and it loaded with no problems.

I tried getting technical support through an online chat with Samsung, but I got redirected to a call center and someone who was reading out of a book of instructions. So I thought I'd turn to the actual users.

Anyone have any experience with this error? I'm stumped!

137 REPLIES 137
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UBD-M9500 4K Blu-Ray Player "disc does not meet specifications" error

Have you verified the firmware version is 1111.4? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, that was one of the first things I did. I have done the following, based on the scant info I was able to dig up via Googling various forums:

- set BD-Live to "Prohibit"

- set BD-Live to "Allow (Always)"

- factory reset

- unplugged power, waited 30 seconds, plugged back in

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming. Will you please send a private message with the serial number? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Please!! I've got the same problem! I always played all my movies but in the last 2 weeks I bought some Blu ray and my player UBD- M8500 doest play those movies and say: the disk doest meet the specification. I don't wont change this player so please help me with this problem. The call center does't know what to do. Best regards 

Carlo

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey Carlo, that sounds totally frustrating! Give this link a shot: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110409/

Make sure you have "Blu-ray disc will not play on my Blu-ray player" option selected. It will give you some troubleshooting steps to try, if they don't work, please send me a private message with the serial number Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

I sent you a private message with my Serial Number as I tried what you suggest to me to try but the problem still there. I never had problem with my blu ray disks before. The call center they say that is a problem of a codec missing in the player or something like this. I don't think so as if I try the same movies in another old Samsung player they are working. Please help me 

Best regards 

Carlo

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue on my UBD-M9500

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes! Me too!  I have a UBD-M7500. Software version B-KANTAVWWC-1111.4.   It says the disc doesn't meet specifications!  Extremely frustrating!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm the original poster of this new error situation. It seems like I'm not alone. I hope the Samsung technicians are paying attention... those of us who own these players could probably use a firmware update soon.