cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: UBD-M9500 4K Blu-Ray Player "disc does not meet specifications" error

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Version 1113.3 is available for download through our players.

I updated and tested several problem discs and the issue appears to be resolved.  Hopefully this was a minor hiccup and these players will continue to work faithfully for years to come.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this discussion for the past six weeks.  And a special THANK YOU to @DonChalant  for getting this thread started!

Happy viewing!

Steve

Highlighted
Constellation

Greetings from Finland!

I concur! Just downloaded/updated firmware to B-KANTAVWWC-1113-3 and troublesome BR-discs play ok.

Mikael

Highlighted
Asteroid

That is truly great news. I'm happy that Samsung finally came through and fixed the problem. I'm not sorry I got a new player, as it's even more impressive. But for those without that warranty replacement option, this is the best news!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Hello All

Great news at last - thank you for this to whoever finally thrashed this problem out.

I haven't actually performed the update yet as I only saw the news a few minutes ago.  Secondly I have a Multi-Region player so need to check with the original seller if I should update via USB or direct to the player. Yes I know that may sound odd, but a MR Sony Blu Ray player I have "lost its MR'ness" once when I updated via USB.  Although the same seller was able to resolve this for me, I don't want that hassle again!

Thanks to all that "banged the drum" these last few weeks.  Let's hope in the nicest possible way, we don't have to deal with each other again!!!

Happy Christmas and New Year from the U.K.   Oh dear ..... just remembered it's the General Election today.  As someone once said, like trying to decide which lunatic should run the asylum!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yes, FABULOUS! Thank you for fixing this issue Samsung. 

A grateful THANK YOU to all that kept this forum going! There is "power in numbers" my friends. I will update my Samsung UBD-M9500 this evening!

Cheers,

Christina

Highlighted
Asteroid

Just wanted to drop by and say the new firmware update seems to have solved the issue for me. I popped in my new Arrow "American Werewolf In London" Blu-Ray... and it loaded! Yay!

Thanks to the Samsung people who worked to get this resolved. I really appreciate it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Read through this thread, and unfortunately, I don't see any resolution to my model, the UBD-KM85C.

Looking on the Samsung website, no news of a firmware update.

When should owner of the UBD-K8500 and UBD-KM85C expect their fix?

@SamsungRei  - can you help?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Just found that my player a ubd-m850 was getting the "does not meet specifications" error, I recently moved and havent used it in a while. So this was the first time i was trying to watch a new disk (john wick 3) and i got this message, tried restarting a few times and needless to say i was not a happy camper. Then I tried out bladerunner 2045 and that ran fine.... then i put john wick 3 back in the machine.... and it worked.... it played with no problems... wierd. Im tempted to buy another newly released disk and see if that has problems also.

P.S.: Is cool googling something and seeing that its been bricking players for months samsung! Way to go!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Can anyone from Samsung provide an update?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Still waiting on an update of any kind.  Twitter support has been abysmal.