cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userr3PrwGyvCX
Asteroid

UN55NU6950FXZA Loses Audio and Remote Control in HDMI2 Port Watching Roku

Does anyone have a suggestion regarding a fix for the problem I’m experiencing: while watching Roku video using the HDMI2 port, the screen will briefly blank approximately 5-20 seconds after the video commences, and then some random time later the audio will cease and the TV cannot be controlled with the remote control until the power button is pressed many times (greater than 10 times!)

I’ve noticed that when I try to cycle the TV input back to HDMI1 input, the TV will not allow this and displays the message “Smart Hub Reconfiguring HDMI1 Input. Try again later.” or some message close to this wording.

Is this a software bug with regards to the Smart Hub feature? This TV is purposely NOT connected to the internet, as it is being used as a “dumb” TV only. That shouldn’t be an issue as the video content is being provided by the Roku box directly to a hardware input (HDMI2) on the TV.

I should also add that the HDMI1 input is used for a Dish Hopper box and NO issues like that on the HDMI2 input has been seen or has been experienced.

I’ve tried all the standard troubleshooting procedures...cycling AC after a 30 second wait...doing a factory reset of the TV, exchanging the inputs to HDMI1 and HDMI2, but nothing seems to work as the issue seems to follow the Roku box input, which by the way worked perfectly with the 51” Samsung plasma TV that this unit replaced.

Is this an issue that can be resolved by loading the latest firmware update from 

USB??

Thanks for any advice!

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UN55NU6950FXZA Loses Audio and Remote Control in HDMI2 Port Watching Roku

We will be happy to look into this concern for you. What firmware version is the TV running? Also, have you tried testing it out on different HDMI ports?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userr3PrwGyvCX
Asteroid

Hi Samsung Darius,

The firmware revision is the latest available: 1271...I just recently updated it. This issue occurs on both HDMI ports and for multiple connected devices (Dish Hopper,  Roku and Samsung DVD player). It seems to have gotten worse since my first post. The TV will operate normally, then after 3-5 minutes, the sound cuts out completely as though muted and the remote become inoperational.

The set is approximately 9 weeks old. During that time there have been no electical storms or power surges (the TV is connected to a surge protector in any event).

I'm beginning to suspect that this is a defect in the TV...as it seems like a bug and not a feature, but any help that you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated. BTW, I have disabled the "Smart Hub" feature, thinking that it might be that function that is causing this issue. NO GO!!

Thanks and best regards...

Tony

userr3PrwGyvCX
Asteroid

I should also mention that the TV will finall respond to the remote if the Power button is pressed multiple (10+) times. When the TV cycles back ON, the sound and remote functionality are restored.

Highlighted
userr3PrwGyvCX
Asteroid

UPDATE: 11/12/2019: POSSIBLE SOLUTION IDENTIFIED!!!

I have literally tried EVERYTHING with regards to the TV to correct the issue that I'm having. Up until last night I had a 2G/5G WiFi repeater in fairly close (~3 ft) proximity to the TV. I thought perhaps the TV has an EMC/EMI susceptibility issue with regards to the WiFi radio transmitter (I'm an electrical engineer and ran an EMC/EMI test lab in the past). So I disconnected the repeater and the sound immediately returned to the TV after an "incident" was encountered. However, the remote was still in a "zombie" state, unable to control the TV. I then cycled the AC power to the TV and the remote functioned and the TV appears to operate "normally". Bingo!! So, I'm going to leave the repeater disconnected for a week and observe the TV's function to see if it works as expected. I want to wait a week because I want to see if the TV might be susceptible to other high frequency noise sources like from the magnetron in the microwave oven, which is located about 7 feet away behind a wall. We'll see. I will report back my finding then.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Wow! That is not something that I would have ever guessed. I've had interference from refrigerators and such but I guess I have limited experience with repeaters.

It's definitely a bit of serendipity that you ran a lab that covers the exact issue.

Besides just unplugging it, is there anything else that could be done to reduce the impact?

We appreciate the update.

userr3PrwGyvCX
Asteroid

Unfortunately this TV proved to be defective. One evening shortly after my last update the TV made a LOUD snapping sound and then the screen went blank. Probably the power supply. It was returned for exchange on 11/14, and the new set has been functioning perfectly since...even with the WiFi repeater in close proximity!!