cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Ubd m9500 blue screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got a player just took it out of the box about a week ago. We tried using it over the weekend and I get nothing only a blue screen. If I put a disc in and press play it will act like it’s gonna do something but stops about 5sec into the circl spinning thing. Can’t do apps as there is no screen. Ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Ubd m9500 blue screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using another cable or plugging the player into another tv to test it?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is it connected to the television? Have you tried unplugging it for 5 minutes? Does this occur with all DVDs and Blu-rays? 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It’s connected using a hdmi cable. It happens when it gets turned on. The screen comes on blue and stays blue unless you hit play and then the center of the circle. It will start the black loading page and within seconds stop and go back to the blue screen as if nothing was ever done. 

@SamsungGill wrote:

How is it connected to the television? Have you tried unplugging it for 5 minutes? Does this occur with all DVDs and Blu-rays? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using another cable or plugging the player into another tv to test it?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That’s it. Apparently cables really do matter more than you’d think! Got some high grade cables ran through settings on my Samsung qled and bam I’m in business. Thanks!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're welcome.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Needded a 4khdmi

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator