cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
JP11
Cosmic Ray

Unable To Reply To A Post

Just today I've tried to reply to a post in a thread that Iโ€™ve participated in and when I click reply it pops up a message in red stating "unable to complete the action you requested." This is in a thread that I actually started. Is this a temporary thing or do I need to do something?

The thread is "Connecting Apple TV to HW-Q80R Soundbar"

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Unable To Reply To A Post

Ha I have been trying for a week (or is it two weeks?) to makes some posts here and I always get the Red Flag and can't post. Same thing today on a thread where I have an answer for someone, BUT I CAN'T POST IT!

So I surf on the issue and find your post JP11 and click Reply and THIS WORKS!?!?!

This community forum is so very poorly put-together that I can hardly believe it. Have to log-in Every Time I visit, despite any efforts on my part w/cookies and etc.

Not a good look for Samsung for sure.

JP11
Cosmic Ray

I canโ€™t figure out what goes on here. I did get a message from a moderator that they were working on the issue. But there have been various times where I can reply to some but not others. Another big problem is that I always have to log in, the site never remembers me. So to reply I log in but I'm not taken back to the topic I was trying to reply to, I have to navigate my way back if I can locate it. It becomes so tedious some times that I just avoid the site altogether. 

Misery loves company, so it is reassuring to learn that others have exactly the same problems as I have. Yup, I had logged-in 6 hours ago and now had to login again to post this.

Maybe re: the login thing, the site uses not only cookies but maybe also IP addresses, and of course most peoples' IPs change constantly. They might also have implemented some sort of software to reduce spamming, but when it works so poorly that customers "avoid the site altogether" then it is time to take a hard look at what they are doing.

Honored Contributor

@JP11 

This usually happens when thread goes beyond 2nd page and up.  What I do is just reply to any post on the first page and use @mention name

Pardon my ignorance but what exactly does e.g. above @JP11 do? Does it cause a pop-up or email alert to that user or...?

Samsung Care Ambassador

It's a bug. Hit reply to the original post

JP11
Cosmic Ray

@SJohnson 

Ok so reply to a post on the first page or to the original post and use the @ for the person you're addressing. That really shouldn't be necessary but easy enough. However when you click on Reply and then get taken to another page to log in and then find your way back to the thread it becomes pretty tedious. Why doesnโ€™t the log in leave you on the same page? For that matter why to you have log in again essentially every time you leave the site and come back? I've found the site to be very helpful when I have the patience get past its quirks but some days I'm cranky and just give up. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@JP11 

I agree the site is a bit buggy. The devs are working on it however ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚