cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Unable to mute voice announcements on HW-S40T soundbar

Pretty self-explanatory.  Whenever the soundbar turns on, it announces at a volume level at least 20dB higher than the sound input (measured via smartphone 2 feet away from the unit), which audio input it is using.  There is no way to disable this feature.  The sound bar shuts itself off after 20 minutes of no audio signal, and there is no way to disable this feature either.

This means that if I have my TV set to play video at conversation-level volume (55dB), the soundbar will first announce at the volume of a vaccuum cleaner (75dB, or 100x louder) that it is using digital audio input.

Live support was unable to help me rectify this after several hours of different attempts.

Because of this feature and the inability to disable it, I will not be purchasing any further Samsung home theatre products.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Unable to mute voice announcements on HW-S40T soundbar

Are there any solutions to this?

@user09bmeXiUyI wrote:

Pretty self-explanatory.  Whenever the soundbar turns on, it announces at a volume level at least 20dB higher than the sound input (measured via smartphone 2 feet away from the unit), which audio input it is using.  There is no way to disable this feature.  The sound bar shuts itself off after 20 minutes of no audio signal, and there is no way to disable this feature either.

This means that if I have my TV set to play video at conversation-level volume (55dB), the soundbar will first announce at the volume of a vaccuum cleaner (75dB, or 100x louder) that it is using digital audio input.

Live support was unable to help me rectify this after several hours of different attempts.

Because of this feature and the inability to disable it, I will not be purchasing any further Samsung home theatre products.