JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

“Update Interrupted” Message In SmartThings App

(Topic created: 06-28-2020 03:22 PM)
JP11
Halo
Options
Smart Home Support

Using the SmartThings app I have my Q80R soundbar set for auto-updates. That seems to be working well. However occasionally I will tap the "update now" button just to make certain the latest update has been installed. In the past I would get a message that the latest software is installed. However for a while now instead of that message I get an error message saying "update Interrupted", as shown in the screenshot. I believe the latest software is being properly installled but I'm curious why that error message pops up. 

8212E4D0-729D-499F-9DB8-2A19D423DE74.jpeg

9 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it? Also, have you tried to restart your device and see if that fixes it? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
JP11
Halo
Options
Smart Home Support

Yes I’ve done both. As far as I can tell the soundbar gets updated properly with no intervention from me - auto setting. But out of curiosity I'll occasionally manually tap the update now button, when I first set the soundbar up and used the app tapping that button would  return a message that I had the latest software. But some time over the last several months that error message occurs each time I do that. Maybe that’s normal when the software is already updated?

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

It is a possibility that it is currently updated is the reason that you are seeing this message can I have your full model number and firmware version so that I may look into this for you? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
JP11
Halo
Options
Smart Home Support

It is a Samsung HW-Q80R soundbar. The current firmware HW-Q80RWWB-1010.5.

0 Likes
JP11
Halo
Options
Smart Home Support

Any further information on this?

0 Likes
Solution
JP11
Halo
Options
Smart Home Support

Someone from the SmartThings app team got back to me and suggested removing the HW-Q80R from the app and then adding it back. This time manually checking for an update worked correctly - it returned "No Updates Available" which is correct, instead of the "update interrupted" message. So deleting and adding the soundbar back seems to have fixed it. The automatic updates always worked but that error message when I manually checked was confusing. 

0 Likes
user187MrnHZeQ
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Unfortunately I tried deleting & re-adding the soundbar to SmartThings & it didn't work for me.   Still says update interrupted when I try to update manually.   Any other ideas??

0 Likes
usersJtmdZiGto
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I just bought a new Q850T soundbar this week and am getting the exact same error.  It also hangs and won't initiate the Alexa activation.  I just made sure that my TV, soundbar and phone were all on the same wireless network...but same error.  About ready to return it...

0 Likes
JP11
Halo
Options
Smart Home Support

Yours may be a different issue. I have my soundbar set for automatic updates, and as far as I can tell that is working properly. But occasionally I will manually tap the update now button expecting to see "your software is up to date" or some comparable message. I do that to reassure myself that the latest software is installed. I had done this when I first began using the soundbar over a year ago and at that time I would get the correct message that the latest software is installed. But now for some reason I get that "update interrupted" message. Other than that my Q80 has been outstanding. I don’t use Alexa so I can’t speak to that. 

0 Likes