JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update LOVE !! - 2016 Soundbar w/ Dolby Atmos HW-K950

(Topic created: 05-13-2017 12:37 PM)
Tweetatoo
Halo
Options
Home Theater

Needs update !! 2016 Soundbar w/ Dolby Atmos HW-K950 Hey Samsung Support This sound bar really needs to be updated to get those back wireless speakers working, you can hardly hear anything even when bringing the individual volume up, it also seems to have handshake issues with your SAMSUNG TV's. DTS-X support would be amazing ! Overall it's a good bar but really could be fantastic if you gave us a little software/firmware update love !

106 Replies
Jaido
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

You have to make sure the movie you're watching is a dolby atmos movie. Otherwise it doesn't play as atmos.

0 Likes
jtravapd
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The problem everyone is having is that is not the way you get Dolby Atmos sound from the sound bar. It cannot be done over a arc/ cannot be through digital input etc. it has to be a direct hdmi connection to the sound bar into the hdmi 1 or hdmi 2 inputs of the sound bar. Do that and you will get Dolby Atmos sound from your sound bar. I’m gonna write a examination to the entire post . 

0 Likes
userNiznn8tCPe
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi mate just come across your problem and see that lots of people have. Just so you know my setup works perfectly, the blue light etc comes on when watching atmos films etc every time.

Hope this helps:

Firstly, the light will only come on when you watch an actual film recorded in atmos, it won’t make any film into atmos. 

A good example is mad max, the blue ray version is actually in atmos you don’t need the 4K version.

You can even get the blue light on the sound bar watching sky, however the only thing available on atmos is sky sports football in uhd and believe me or not, the new bay watch is supported in atmos on sky q uhd. 

I have loads of other other films on atmos, some have to be in uhd some just blue ray. Rogue nation is a blue ray, so is American sniper, Logan needs to be 4K version etc.

sky q you need uhd box and set up the setting in atmos.

there isn’t that much in atmos but it is really good. You just need to make sure that it is an atmos film.

you can even download some samples of atmos on the Dolby Atmos website, put it on a usb, plug into your blue ray and then guess what, the blue light comes on and says playing Dolby Atmos.

i think every one thinks that the sound bar will concert any film or anything into atmos which is not the case.

the sound bar still sounds awesome on not atmos stuff.

hope this helps cheers daz

0 Likes
userfWyb4XxzrP
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have  thus setup Samsung - 65" UN65KS8000FXZA  connected to a Samsung HW-K950/ZA and one of them is shutting both off  any Ideas. I also have a UBD-K8500 Bluray which I have to unplug until I want to use it, Because If I plug it in it only gets worse. Any Help

0 Likes
GremlinX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Shut off the Anynet+ on the DVD player and the soundbar.

0 Likes
userfWyb4XxzrP
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

How do I shut off Anynet+ on the sound bar? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

userfWyb4XxzrP, press and hold the Right button for about 5 seconds to turn the Anynet+ function on or off.

0 Likes
userfWyb4XxzrP
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

thank you

0 Likes
GremlinX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I figured out why I wasn't getting the Atmos sound, you have to set the output of the DVD player output to 2160, not auto. Sounds FANTASTIC!! I watched Passengers, OMG what sound!

0 Likes
userfWyb4XxzrP
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

your ans. was I figured out why I wasn't getting the Atmos sound, you have to set the output of the DVD player output to 2160, not auto. Sounds FANTASTIC!! I watched Passengers, OMG what sound!

where do I set set the output of the DVD player output to 2160, not auto. I look all over the Samsung  4k dvd player setting and cant find dvd player output. Any Ideas.

Tom

0 Likes