JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update LOVE !! - 2016 Soundbar w/ Dolby Atmos HW-K950

(Topic created: 02-15-2018 08:26 AM)
Tweetatoo
Halo
Options
Home Theater

Needs update !! 2016 Soundbar w/ Dolby Atmos HW-K950 Hey Samsung Support This sound bar really needs to be updated to get those back wireless speakers working, you can hardly hear anything even when bringing the individual volume up, it also seems to have handshake issues with your SAMSUNG TV's. DTS-X support would be amazing ! Overall it's a good bar but really could be fantastic if you gave us a little software/firmware update love !

106 Replies
usercQJKzEqzLB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

HDMI Arc will not pass Dolby Atmos.   There are numerous complaints on this thread blaming Samsung and the Soundbar, but this is a design feature of HMDI Arc.   A new standard was just launched HDMI eArc that will pass Dolby Atmos.  So,  you can just connect your HDMI Arc to the HDMI 1 or 2 on the Soundbar and see what happens.   

Read more here......

https://www.lifewire.com/audio-return-channel-1846845

0 Likes
userfXuVSby7KW
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Maybe dumb question but is there a way to see if my k950 is receiving DD or DTS signal? In other words how to see what Audiosignal is coming in to the k950

Other question can I stream video directly from my Nas/ dlna server? Seems only to work with music

And is it right I cannot use equalizer when listening music in surround mode?

0 Likes
usercQJKzEqzLB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I'm not aware of any way to "see* DTS vs Dolby except Atmos which shows the blue LED light on the bar.  The source component or file should tell you.

You should be able to stream from the server if you connect through hmdi 1 or 2.  Does it stream video if you connect directly to the TV?

0 Likes
GremlinX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Has anyone had trouble with Blade Runner 2049 with listening to it in ATMOS? I have the Blu-Ray and I select AtMOS in the Audio Menu and I get no sound, infact I don't get the audio scroll for dolby when the audio starts to play in DTS either. Am I missing something??

0 Likes
usercQJKzEqzLB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

The audio needs to be set to bitstream on the Blu-ray unit menu.  The hmdi cable must connect directly to the soundbar into hmdi 1 or 2.

0 Likes
GremlinX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Everything is setup properly, my other movies that has Atmos work fine, just this one does not.

0 Likes
GremlinX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I power cycled my sound bar and it works fine.

0 Likes
userpgaE2dxcbG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I also have a set on LG speakers with wireless rear speakers.

I want to use my surround speakers with a blueray player with my new 4K samsung tv.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Are you having trouble connecting them.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user8j37Kth87n
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

"Yup this soundbar should accept Atmos through ARC".

I think the new 2017 LG OLED tvs allow ARC and Dolby Vision at the same time.  But those are competitors of samsung so there is no incentive for this soundbar to improve.  Samsung supports HDR-10, not dolby vision.

0 Likes