cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

WAM7500/ZA (R7) Speaker clock fast

I have an R7 which I use as an alarm. set to come on at 7:00 AM daily to a tune in radio station for 10 min, then shut off and 2nd alarm comes on at 7:10 to a differand Radio station.

Lately it comes on at 6:54 and changes at 7:04. 

How can I set the internal clock that is running fast.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: WAM7500/ZA (R7) Speaker clock fast

Thank you for reaching out, there is no internal clock on the speaker it would be set from your phone and you would need the multiroom app to set the alarm. Also do you have your speaker and your phone on the same wifi as in 2.4ghz or 5ghz? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Solution not acurate.

You can not set the time with the Multiroom app (at least not this version) and The speaker is not turned on by the phone, the alarm runs from the speaker. It doesn't require the phone to be on for alarm to work,  So yes the clock and timer are internal in the speaker or remotely from the internet.  

I am very familiar with Samsung Multiroom having 7  Speakers dating back to the M7, M5, M3 R5, R3 so I am well aware of the app and what it allows. I ran the alarm for 3 years on my R5 with no issue.

I did a full factory reset on the speaker and uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone. It will probably work for the next few months. It was last reset in October so 8 min in 3 mo. or running about 5 sec fast per day. 

I didn't try deleting the alarm and reseting it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

My apologies for the confusion, there is no internal clock on the speaker for the model number you provided and everything will be handled through the multi-room app. If you have another device please let us know

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.