cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Which HW-K550 Firmware to use?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is correct. Simply extract the .zip file directly to the USB flash drive and then plug it into the soundbar for the update. 

userPUiO6KDPKC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Seems there are a lot of issues with the Samsung soundbars. I have an HW-F551 and has never worked properly since new. We actually had 2 of these but returned one and has so many issues with the retailer we did not return the 2nd. As mentioned in earlier comments, the Bluetooth connection drops out repeatedly. Have tried using a USB connection but the Samsung tv and the soundbar refused to talk. I finally had enough of looking at this unit and not using it, I finally decided to update the firmware, as a last-ditch resort. Low and behold the firmware file is not being recognised by the soundbar. As stated earlier in this blog, I have removed one of the unnecessary . but still will not recognise the file. This is so so frustrating. Samsung is a real disappointment. We only have Samsung TVs and phones and I won't be getting any more,. Has there any resolution to these problems. I see this blog is shown as solved but it appears that it has not been solved at all.
Highlighted
useryEHG3syqTh
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I checked on mine and says 150+1 when holding Sound Control. I guess that's the latest as mine said 2017 MANUFACTURING date.

My only issue like other sound systems is the speaker wire, most higher end use a coaxial like plug, sure cable is expensive but if you pay 400 bucks you can pay for more cable. 

useryEHG3syqTh
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I checked on mine and says 150+1 when holding Sound Control. I guess that's the latest as mine said 2017 MANUFACTURING date.

My only issue like other sound systems is the speaker wire, most higher end use a coaxial like plug, sure cable is expensive but if you pay 400 bucks you can pay for more cable.