cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJpUbkwmuHK
Constellation

Will HW-N950 soundbar ever support Apple Airplay 2?

I am considering the HW-N950 soundbar.  I have read that Bose soundbars will support Apple Airplay 2 sometime in 2019.  I was wondering if Samsung/Harmon soundbars will eventually do so?  Are there downsides to not having this feature if I am otherwise plugged into the Apple ecosystem (iPhone, Ipad, iMac, Apple Music user, etc).

Thank you in advance for any insights!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Will HW-N950 soundbar ever support Apple Airplay 2?

We certainly appreciate your interest in our products! Unfortunately, we are unable to speculate about the release of future support for Apple Airplay 2. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJpUbkwmuHK
Constellation

With the press release this weekend that Samsung TVs will begin to support AirPlay 2 in 2019, does anyone know what this means for the HW-N950?

Terry-Reynolds
Asteroid

Samsung will update its 2018 TVs with Air Play 2

It would be nice if I also did it with the Samsung HW-N950, which is where I see more utility to send the audio comfortably from an iOS device, it could even send Hi-Fi FLAC audio directly to the bar, and so not depend on the SmartThings application that you have with no support in transmission services.