JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

XBOX One X - No Atmos with HW-K950!

(Topic created on: 11/9/17 11:02 AM)
useroJ0nedAYSq
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Connected my new XBOX One X with K950 soundbar and can't get Atmos working with error message 'receiver does not support Dolby Atmos.' Connected into HDMI 1, latest firmware, bought new HDMI cable etc - no success.

That's really annoying.

Please help, I can't be the only guy with this problem...

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useroJ0nedAYSq
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Problem solved by changing the cable and restarting the xbox, while soundbar and TV were switched on. T

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

What kind of reciever are you using?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useroJ0nedAYSq
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

No receiver. Connecting XBOX directly into soundbar (HDMI 1)

0 Likes
Solution
useroJ0nedAYSq
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Problem solved by changing the cable and restarting the xbox, while soundbar and TV were switched on. T

View solution in context

0 Likes
userTgeTpSDUJG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello, my name is Adrian and i have an Samsung Q7 & an HW-K950 and Xbox One X, Buț i don t know witch cablu goes where, if i put One hdmi cablu from the soundbar to the Xbox that steel mens i have another hdmi from Xbox to the tv? For the video scorce?

0 Likes
userTgeTpSDUJG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello,
 I apologize for the first message, i come back with the correct one.
 I own a 49Q7C TV and a HW-K950/EN soundbar, I bought an Xbox One X, what cables do I need to connect and where to get Dolby Atmos? I understand that I have to download the Dolby Atmos app on the console and make the settings shown there, but first of all I do not know how many HDMI 4k Dolby Atmos cables I need and where I have to put them.

Do i need one from the console in the tv., another one from the tv. in the soundbar and a 3 one from the soundbar in the console? (The Xbox One X has only 2 HDMI, first to tv. and the other one to the soundbar?)

Please, I would appreciate the help.
 Thank you.

Adrian - Romania.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater
can you please be more clear as to which cables you're connecting to which device? I'm having the same problem. it sounds like your connecting xbox straight to the soundbar? is that the only way the xbox and tv are connected-via the soundbar? does the tv recognize the xbox that way?
0 Likes
user38O6XxqaP4
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

You need to use the ARC hdmi port on the tv,  Xbox plugs into either hdmi 1,3 or 4, then use an ARC capable hi-speed hdmi Cable going from hdmi port 2 (ARC) to the sound bar.  There are settings on the tv on turning on or off the ARC. Function which stands for audio return channel 

0 Likes
userTgeTpSDUJG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

I have bought 2 HDMI 2.0 with gold 24k jacks, one goes from the tv arc to the soundbar arc, and the second from the soundbar to the xbox one x. Also i have the main hdmi 2.0 from the xbox one x to the tv.

So its like this:

Xbox One X > TV on hdmi 1 (with hdmi 2.0)

TV > Soundbar on hdmi 2 (arc to arc with hdmi 2.0)

Soundbar > Xbox One X (with hdmi 2.0)

I guess the hdmi from the Soundbar to the Xbox is irrelevant, but I did try at least.

Now i have dolby atmos, BUT when i activate that setting on the Xbox One X, i  suddenly have no sound anymore. When I go into Dolby Access I can see promo videos with dolby atmos but I do not have sound. I have read that the problem is from Microsoft and it's going to get an update, thos who are in the inside program on Xbox say its already an update for them, but for the rest of the public not yet.

Adrian - Romania

0 Likes
userDNUc5bJooR
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I need help. I have the newest firmware and it still is not outputting dolby atmos anymore. I have a Samsung HW KS-850. It was working fine for about a week and now it has stopped. I know that dolby atmos isnt working because I dont have the blue LED on front lit up. Please advise, I have called xbox support and it isnt working. If i turn dolby atmos off then it outputs sound. 

I am using the cables that came with the xbox and like I said it was working fine for about a week or too and just stopped one day

HELLPPPP Please!!!

0 Likes