Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GaveUp
Cosmic Ray

XBox One S hw-k950 no Atmos 0x91d7000e

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Microsoft says new Atmos support only works with s/pdif, not HDMI. Can Samsung fix to work with Xbox One? What players are supported? Spent $1500 for this brick sound bar and yet to hear Atmos.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GaveUp
Cosmic Ray

Re: XBox One S hw-k950 no Atmos 0x91d7000e

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great news - I got it to work! Changed the HDMI cables to 2.0 certified. I have the XBOX One S HDMI out to HDMI 1 in on the HW-K950, then to HDMI 1 In on the Samsung TV. HDMI does work after all - wrong info from Microsoft and Samsung Support. Needs to be HDMI into the Soundbar for Atmos to work, as far as aI know. Also for HDR to work, must use HDMI 1 into the Samsung TV AND configure "Expert Settings" - "HDMI UHD Color" to on. HDMI2 and HDMI3 are greyed out. Hope this helps all of you frustrated folks. Now that it works it is AWESOME!!! Like in the Movie Theater!! Thanks for all of your help! Here are the cables I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N343SBS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
userTRQFAzbcU2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought this 2 days ago and I feel the same I have been researching like crazy and nothing works I'm pissed I bought a 65" ks8500 tv hw-k950 and a 100$ worth of uhd movies and I have not heard the atmos sound yet. Who is to blame what do I do

GaveUp
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a question on the Amazon product page. There are more responses there. 

GaveUp
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Keep at it - once it works it is awesome! Took me like a month to get it to work. Finally bought the good cables. Good luck!

userMy3uRtiABy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So the cable that comes with the Xbox One S doesn't support Dolby atmos?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, we do not have this information. Hopefully, a community member can chime in about this. 

user1gMs7if5bq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought 2 dolby atmos blu ray 4k UHD movies. Insurgent and alligent. Also got divergent in the set but it does not have atmos.  Insurgent will work and play atmos. Alligent gives me this same error code saying my receiver can't decode the audio for the movie.  And it says the same with divergent which isn't atmos.  This is the xbox one S. 

CptChaos2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So this is the frustrating fact here that I came to realize - the 950 does not support MASTER AUDIO (DTS-HD MA) codecs to decode. Samsung felt nobody would miss it (wrong they were) and the XBOX will only output DTS 5.1 if you enable it to output. Trying to pass it to the receiver will give you the error, which is frustrating when trying to log which movies have what audio - literally need to check it before putting it in.

Something that happened to me this evening was we bought the 4K version of Hunger Games and Lionsgate has an intro video that plays after load. Problem is, the XBOX throws this same error and won't let us play the title without disabling the passthrough option. But if you go back into the settings via the XBOX button, change it, and go back in, it'll restart the BD app. So you can't play the ATMOS enabled soundtrack at all. It'll downgrade it to DTS. 

@samsung/@ can you please enable an update to decode native DTS-HD MA tracks so we can pass everything to this $1500 soundbar!?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

CptChaos2, I will pass this along accordingly. 

CptChaos2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HDMI cable has nothing to do with it. Most cables are certified to handle high bandwidth throughputs for Atmos. It's the 2.0 spec for 60FPS that may become a problem, though I've heard native decent cables can do that already so who knows. But if you want the best picture, go spend some money on a nice cable and trash the HDMI cable that comes with the XBOX.