cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTIV3VVyi7q
Constellation

Re: XBox One S hw-k950 no Atmos 0x91d7000e

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you fixed this? I have the same issue right now. 

userfd17EJ52fm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is happening to me, too, as of this morning. Has something changed?

userfd17EJ52fm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
To update - reinitialising the soundbar brought atmos back. Phew!
Highlighted
GaveUp
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great news - I got it to work! Changed the HDMI cables to 2.0 certified. I have the XBOX One S HDMI out to HDMI 1 in on the HW-K950, then to HDMI 1 In on the Samsung TV. HDMI does work after all - wrong info from Microsoft and Samsung Support. Needs to be HDMI into the Soundbar for Atmos to work, as far as aI know. Also for HDR to work, must use HDMI 1 into the Samsung TV AND configure "Expert Settings" - "HDMI UHD Color" to on. HDMI2 and HDMI3 are greyed out. Hope this helps all of you frustrated folks. Now that it works it is AWESOME!!! Like in the Movie Theater!! Thanks for all of your help! Here are the cables I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N343SBS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View solution in original post

userOuIXgNGs4k
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Ive had my k950 and my ks8000 TV for quite a while, but only just got the update on Xbox one S to set my audio output to atmos. I do so and can play atmos fine through bluray, the dolby app and it seems to upscale youtube fine. But the second i open a game, it changes my audio output in the settings to stereo uncompressed. Do you have this same issue? Its so frustrating trying to get this to work, particularly after giving up trying to get uncompressed 5.1 from my xbox while in 4k as that too has been broken since launch!

userCOLbf8u5E2
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On the same boat here. Are you saying uncompressed 5.1 is broken on K950 since launch? So LPCM 5.1 is supposed to be supported on this soundbar? I couldn't get the soundbar to output LPCM 5.1 without down-mixing to 2.0. The manual doesn't mention PCM either.

GaveUp
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - just to clarify. I also experienced permutations where certain movies did not work including that Hunger Games movie, so I can not say for certain if the new cables made a difference. If you have it set up as above and it still doesn't work, then maybe look at the cables, but some say the cables don't matter.

CptChaos2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To close this one out, if you download the Dolby application (currently now available in the App Store) which happens if you try to select Atmos (home theater) under Audio settings, it will let you engage this option. It will output everything as Atmos bitstream, which is interesting even if it isn't. Basically, anything not really Atmos it seems to send all 'surround data' to use the Atmos speakers which gives you enhanced surround elements. Testing out Hunger Games while having disabled the 'pass through' media option under Blu-ray, it lets it load completely without throwing the 0x error and it appears that Atmos is really played. Testing this against the forest fire scene is particularly a good test. Obviously, the Dolby app plays the Atmos soundtracks beautifully - one of which is the same demo track they used in most Magnolia Best Buy stores. 

The only problem with having 'everything' outputted as Atmos means everything has a delay for when the HW-950 picks Atmos signal up. It also sometimes navigating through the XBOX menus creates a popping sound. Oh well - can't have everything. Atmos is better than no Atmos. Hope this helps.

user1fqCxlsJpQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having real trouble getting my 950 to work with my XBOX ONE S. I had to get the Dolby Atmos app and then it took me through the settings such as changing the output to bitstream and to Atmos via HDMI only option. Then I changed the Bluray app to let the receiver decode audio. I went back to the Atmos App and tried to play the Awake Atmos trailer and it has no sound and no sound on my Atmos demo BluRays either. The only way to get sound is to change options in audio settings back to Dolby Digital and untick the Bluray receiver decode option. It sounds good when I get sound but I get no blue light to indicate it's an Atmos track and no scrolling  ATMOS display either.

Any help much appreciated

userYuRVfZeZ7t
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok so I was having this error after a new xbox update, so it turned out I have a USB dongle for wireles headphones always plugged into the Xbox One. This wasnt a problem before.

However after the new update it seems it is interfereing. I removed the dongle and boom I could select dolby atmos on the settings screen, no errors no problem.

Personally while no games support atmos I dont actually like using this setting. I only use 4k Blurays for atmos things for now so I have disabled atmos in settings (so I don't get that annoying pop and lag until it recognizes I am doing something), and I have enabled passthrough for Blurays and everything is working great right now.