cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermyXJ4T1MU6
Asteroid

Xbox, samsung tv and soundbar N950

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am trying to connect my xbox to the soundbar and then soundbar to the TV to get atmos. However, if I connect xbox to soundbar hdmi in and then soundbar out to TV arc, TV doesn't detect xbox and I don't get the video. If I connect xbox directly to TV and then soundbar to TV arc, everything works well,  except I am not sure if I am getting atmos. I have changed hdmi cable. I bought a 8k hdmi cable and this doesn't seem to solve the problem. 

Can somebody please help me or go through the set up which you all used,  if it's working for you 

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung_7N46fM4
Astronaut

Tv to sound bar Tv to xbox*

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tv to sound bar

Tv to xbox*

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung_7N46fM4
Astronaut

The sound comes from your tv, hdmi from tv to sound bar a...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The sound comes from your tv, hdmi from tv to sound bar and another hdmi to your xbox. If you only have one hdmi port invest in a splice hdmi

Samsung_7N46fM4
Astronaut

Tv to sound bar Tv to xbox*

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tv to sound bar

Tv to xbox*

Highlighted
usermyXJ4T1MU6
Asteroid

Re: Tv to sound bar Tv to xbox*

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I read on the net that to get Dolby atmos, best set up is xbox to soundbar to TV. Is this not true? 

usermyXJ4T1MU6
Asteroid

Re: Tv to sound bar Tv to xbox*

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you

MNDZ-SG10
Astronaut

Dolby atmos work automatically. The only thing you have t...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dolby atmos work automatically. The only thing you have to chance settings in the sound bar. If you have to option to do it. Sometimes Dolby atmos just work when you play movies with dolby atmos too.

usermyXJ4T1MU6
Asteroid

Re: Dolby atmos work automatically. The only thing you have t...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok. Thank you

@MNDZ-SG10 wrote:

Dolby atmos work automatically. The only thing you have to chance settings in the sound bar. If you have to option to do it. Sometimes Dolby atmos just work when you play movies with dolby atmos too.