JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

connecting soundbar S60T (S61T) to surround speakers SWA-8500s

(Topic created on: 8/1/20 11:50 PM)
userLtMd4mvCpD
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I am trying to connect my surround speakers to my sound bar. The sound bar manual does not give specific instructions for doing this. The surround speakers manual states to put the sound bar in ID-SET mode but the surround bar does not have this capapbility, or at least I cant find it. There isnt any display on the surround bar to see the mode it might be in.  I have placed the speakers in a 'pairing' mode and place the surround bar on bluetooth, while using the smart things app the sound bar does not find the speakers. Is there anything else I can tryl?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

The whole situation is definitely a little confusing. If we can't figure it out, service would be the next step.

That is the latest firmware version.

We'll do one thing at a time so nothing gets looked over. 

Can you pair your phone with the soundbar? If you can, then do so and then use the remote control to adjust the volume, change the source and turn the unit off. If these functions work, the remote is most likely okay.

Pages 9-14 of the soundbar user manual show the led light arrangements and what they correspond to. When you follow the instructions to perform the ID Set, does the soundbar show a different light arrangement than the ones that are shown?

View solution in context

10 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this further can I have your full model number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userLtMd4mvCpD
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The soundbar model is HW-S6OT/ZA. The speaker model is SWA-8500S.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I'm guessing you used the instructions here? Link

Have you tried the same steps without verifying the "ID-SET"? I can't find what series of LEDs should represent ID-SET.

0 Likes
userLtMd4mvCpD
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have used both the available manuals for each product. I tried to put the soundbar on the bluetooth setting to see if it would connect but it didnt. the only other option that i can think of is using the 'pairing' button on the remote of the soundbar, however, the remote isnt working correctly. I can use the universal remote from the tv to control the volume but I am not sure if any of the buttons on the tv remote could be used as the pairing button for the soundbar. I contacted support about the remote issue and they could not help. I am going to update the firmware but i dont have a micro-usb to usb adapter to plug in the flash drive for the update. And yes, it has been one of those days..... :)

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

What issues are you having with the remote?

The Bluetooth pairing and the ID Set are similar but they are separate functions. The ID Set is intended for a subwoofer and/or rear speakers.

What is the current firmware version on the unit? Have you tried connecting it via Smart Things to update it?

Haha we all have those days.

0 Likes
userLtMd4mvCpD
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The remote does not do anything to the soundbar.  Support had me use the camera on my phone to check if there was any activity when I pressed a button and that worked, at least the infrared light appeared at each press of a button but whether it was actually functioning I dont know. I pressed all of the buttons in this test and they worked.  

The firmware version on the soundbar is HW-S60TWWB-1002.2. When I try to update using smart things it says 'no update available'.

0 Likes
userLtMd4mvCpD
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Also, support has requested me to set up a service request which is to send to NJ. :(

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

The whole situation is definitely a little confusing. If we can't figure it out, service would be the next step.

That is the latest firmware version.

We'll do one thing at a time so nothing gets looked over. 

Can you pair your phone with the soundbar? If you can, then do so and then use the remote control to adjust the volume, change the source and turn the unit off. If these functions work, the remote is most likely okay.

Pages 9-14 of the soundbar user manual show the led light arrangements and what they correspond to. When you follow the instructions to perform the ID Set, does the soundbar show a different light arrangement than the ones that are shown?

View solution in context

userLtMd4mvCpD
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

OMG!!! Im an id10t. I checked the pages you mentioned and saw that button one is for the ID SET. Now i have surround sound. 

I paired my phone to the sound bar and used my siriusXM account (classic vinyl) to test it. They just started to play Bohemian Rapsody by Queen so of course I had to turn it up..... :)

My phone was able to adjust the volume but that is all. I also tried the remote and it did not work, still. I might not be understanding this instruction. I can only adjust the volume on the soundbar using smart things. there isnt a 'remote' on my phone.

0 Likes