cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5LlzjhnJ4c
Astronaut

eARC Firmware update for Q6FN?

Can we get an official update from Samsung about this topic:

1. Are you working on a firmware update to add eARC support to QLED TVs?  (Specifically Q6FN from my perspective.) 

2. When should we hope to have this update?

I can't tell you how utterly frustrating it is to have to choose whether to watch content in HDR10+ (when available) with okay sound.  Or to watch with the best possible sound, and not the best picture my TV can handle.  (You see there are precious few AV receivers that support HDR10+.  My next post is to Denon, asking them to support HDR10+.)

I took a gamble with you Samsung.  I threw my support behind your HDR10+ format and spent big dollars to do so.  I don't think it is unreasonable for me as a customer to ask you to push out an update supporting eARC so I can also fully enjoy the really nice receiver I bought to compliment this display.  Please communicate with us on this.  Thank you.  

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: eARC Firmware update for Q6FN?

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Regretfully, we are unable to speculate about the release of future updates. Please stay tuned to the page, and we will post publicly when an update becomes available. Thank you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user5LlzjhnJ4c
Astronaut

Are these messages getting passed on to the appropriate engineering groups?  

uservoKG1NaIlC
Asteroid

Most probably not.

I've seen complains about TV and soundbars long enough for Samsung representatives saying they will include the requested features in future firmware updates, and then nothing.

The whole compatibility between Samsung soundbars and TVs is mind boggling. Simple features like allowing the user to deactivate "auto game pro mode" on soundbars, or simple PCM passthrough like this thread is ridiculous.

I have too many samsung products and kept getting them arguing that compatibility would be better that way, but I have given up. I will not get anything samsung again.

usergGFWkNz9pq
Constellation

A new update 1290 was released recently in Germany for the 2018 TVs. There us one thing which maybe new. Not sure if it is about eARC, but it looks like it to me. Unfortunately my receiver doesn't support it, so I can't test it. While it talks about Dolby+ and ARC, it doesn't mention the 'e'. See my fotos attached

A402B7BC-D15C-4BA9-8B07-4108E0C07DBC.jpeg

252A8BAB-2FDE-4F98-BD10-F51ACF5D4529.jpeg

userhp2PCRwlSJ
Astronaut

This option is not new and has been there before. 
Unfortunately there is no eARC update yet.

I miss this feature too and would even pay for a earc upgrade.

Please Samsung make it happen!

Samsung_ASNCD6r
Astronaut

Nooooo the app is a very good one so is system u are focused on the issue not the cause u must factory reset out of old system and then apply this system as a root system otherwise both systems are going to continue to interrupt each other it is like dancing with a woman u also must compliment her attributes as a guide to a format of the queries of the you're own skill both must coincide but a strong foundation makes all the difference in the world or u are stepping on each others toes.