cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
troubleshooter
Cosmic Ray

feedback survey, trouble submitting feedback

I had trouble submitting satisfaction survey feedback.

I am posting this only so that I can try the feedback survey again.

I tried clearing cookies and back, and sometimes that worked for another attempt, but am posting this here so I can diagnose this issue.

I expect to I will delete this after I figure it out.

I think I already know what happened, my character counter does not count the return character separately, I thought it did.

I would strongly suggest that the limit shows before one types a response that is too long.

Now it only appears AFTER you finish composing!

Mr K L

10 REPLIES 10
troubleshooter
Cosmic Ray

Re: feedback survey, trouble submitting feedback

test post to get the survey (sorry for this, will delete thread soon)

UPDATE:

Due to unexpected discussion, I will leave my posts up after all...

(I didn't expect anyone to respond before I was done testing, LOL)

Mr K L

Vido
Galaxy

Me too. Samsung doesn't want us to send them feedback. I'...

Me too. Samsung doesn't want us to send them feedback. I've been working with them with this problem since March and they told me that it has been fixed. Only for me to try again and it's still having the same problem.

troubleshooter
Cosmic Ray

Re: Me too. Samsung doesn't want us to send them feedback. I'...

LOL, I wasn't expecting any responses!

Thank you.

I think I solve my issue, but I cannot get another survey to appear to test it...

As I reply here to you, guess what! - a feedback survey has just appeared...

I was getting 'already responded to this survey' and 'an error occured, not sent' type errors.

Browser crashes and bookmarked tabs have confused things.

My problem initially was the reply was too long, and it only informed me after I hit submit.

It would be helpful, even if they don't have a character counter as you type (many companies do), that they would at least post a note specifying the limit (500 characters).
I use charcounter.com to compose and count it for me, then paste it to a survey, etc.
What I forgot is this counter does not count the 'carriage returns'.
You have to allow (add one) for each time you actually hit return;
So if it says 499 chr and I wrote 8 lines containing 7 carriage returns, I have to add 7, so I actually submitted 506 characters.

Hope this helps you.
But once it fails, it is hard then to get the page to then submit it without additional errors in transmission.
I managed combinations of bookmarked tab, or clearing the us.community cookies, or refreshing, or using 'back' arrow.
Surprisingly, it gives a slash-circle, on the next button, but you can still click it and advance...

I can't remember which process let me submit again, after I got the 'too many characters' error, but I managed a couple of times...

I will let you know if this new survery accepts 500 characters...

What is the issue(s) you are having?  What errors?

Mr K L

troubleshooter
Cosmic Ray

I got:

Your survey answers were not submitted because you have already responded.

I appeard to accept the 500 characters (even though it said before "less than 500").

When it was too long, it would stay on that last page, and put the too long msg below the text box.

Since it proceeded to the send page, I assume the length was acceptable.

Only the feedback itself was deemed as already submitted, even though this is absolutely the first time I have replied to this one that poped up during this last

posting.

[Is that what you are getting too?]

Could be because I am getting 2 surveys (for two independant postings) at the same time (same session), and have already done (attempted) the other survey.

Mr K L

Highlighted
troubleshooter
Cosmic Ray

Success!

Interesting, my browser crashed, (is old computer), so cleaned cookies (CCleaner) and restarted Firefox.

First thing after restarting last session, I got a survey request! (even though I have not posted anything yet).

I think it was even before I used the back arrow to get to my first page.

I filled out the survey, and submitted exactly 500 character reply, (including counting return-linefeeds as 2 chr).

It worked perfectly!

It processed correctly, I got a Thank You:

Thank You!

I do not clear the samsung log in cookies, only the us.community.samsung.com cookie folder*.

Another symptom is 'SSO' error pages; frequently get those when navigating. (like after logged in a while).

I suspect it is a cookie problem, and stored cookies from one survey is corrupting the next survey request.

I wonder if there is a 'timer' that flags a 'too soon' error page [the 'already submitted' page]. (like when I try to submit multiple times, without waiting any interval between last attempt...

Cookies folders I do NOT clear with CCleaner:

samsung.com

us.community.samsung.com

www.samsung.com

Oops:

*Correction: I guess I do NOT  have CCleaner set to delete the "us.community.samsung.com" cookies (folder)!

I see I don't delete any samsung cookies (CCLeaner)[see upadte below]; maybe the browser restart is what helped.

That being said, I was manually deleting the us.community.samsung.com cookie folder, in attempts to get the survey to submit, before the crash, so it is hard to say what cookies were there when I restarted the browser.

UPDATE 7-14-19

I see I don't save sso-us.samsung.com cookie folder (CCleaner); but curiously, it doesn't show up in CCleaner?!

Shows in Firefox saved cookies.

This is strange!

Apparently, CCleaner is not detecting or cleaning this folder?? -have to investigate this...

Mr K L

Samsung_UslDhgb
Astronaut

How to get message and phone add notification on ?

How to get message and phone add notification on ?

troubleshooter
Cosmic Ray

Re: How to get message and phone add notification on ?

You are posting in the wrong place:

This is my question, concerning feedback surveys, not phones.

Please post your question elsewhere.

On Community home page, there is a 'Start a New Discussion' blue botton near the top.

Use that, and pick an appropriate board. (you didn't even say what phone you have!)

Also, use the search box first, and see if there are already threads (discussions) already asked (and answered) about your issue.

This is called hijacking, when you post over another persons question.

It confuses the discussion of the problem the original poster is trying to resolve...

Thank you,

Mr K L

troubleshooter
Cosmic Ray

feedback survey, trouble submitting feedback

How did my subject change for this thread?

The URL looks ok, but the tab title now says "How to get message and phone add notification on ?"

I am attempting to see if the last post 'posted, controls the title...

Now trying changing the 'Subject' line above, to my original title.

Mr K L

troubleshooter
Cosmic Ray

Re: feedback survey, trouble submitting feedback

Perhaps I should reach out, and ask the moderator(s) if the satisfaction survey is intended to be a one-time solicitation; as they should be aware, it pops up almost every time I post something.

If that is the case, they should fix it, so that if it is going to give a 'you already responded' error; then it should NOT pop up in the first place.

If they want feedback each selected post it appears, then it should work right.

(and not give an error for doing a survey already).

Incidentally, there is another clue, the error page URL is labeled ...'/too soon' on the 'already submitted' error page, even though I have completed the post that made it pop up...

Is there a time element here?  Like 1 min or 5 min. before which we will get a 'already submitted' error [too soon URL]?

(There is a note on the survey which says 'finish your viewing, then return here and fill out the survey.)

Or is there a time period since the last survey was submitted?

Or only one survey per session, or a certain time period?

(If so, then it shouldn't offer a survey, if it is too soon...)

Do we need to close the window(s)/tab(s) we are viewing, to activate the survey acceptance?

Is it just our old computers getting stuck?

Mr K L