cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

hw-k450 sound bar not staying connected to ARC on 2019 Q6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a new Q6 and transferred my sound bar to it. It was working fine on my previous tv but now when trying to connect to ARC I can see the soundbar show up and connect on the TV and then drop out. Sometimes it shows a generic soundbar connected, other times it will show the model name. It will transfer to it and I can see the sound levels moving as it's connected, but no sound and then it reverts right back to the tv. I plugged my Amazon TV into the ACR port and it works fine, so I assume the HDMI port is ok. I hope anyway.  I find it hard to beleive that the sound bar broke between unplugging it from one tv and plugging it into this one. 

I would appreciate any input on this issue

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: hw-k450 sound bar not staying connected to ARC on 2019 Q6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did try a different cable but no change. 
However, what I did notice this afternoon was that there are two HDMI ports on the sound bar. And IN and an OUT. Turns out I had it plugged into the wrong port. Once I plugged it in to the one that said Out to soundbar, or some such wording, it worked. And it's still working. 
So the problem is solved. 
thank you to everyone who read and thought about this. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using a different ARC compatible HDMI cable? Is Anynet+ turned on, on both devices? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did try a different cable but no change. 
However, what I did notice this afternoon was that there are two HDMI ports on the sound bar. And IN and an OUT. Turns out I had it plugged into the wrong port. Once I plugged it in to the one that said Out to soundbar, or some such wording, it worked. And it's still working. 
So the problem is solved. 
thank you to everyone who read and thought about this. 

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah! Great! We're glad to hear it.