cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

hw-mm55 soundbar stuck in shop demo mode

I have a samsung hw-mm55 that is stuck in shop6 demo mode. How can I reset to factory defaults or get this out of demo mode. Looks like it may have been a shop store display or something before I bought it?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: hw-mm55 soundbar stuck in shop demo mode

With the power off, press and hold the volume down button (on the sound bar) until the display comes on and use the remotes navigation pad/buttons to change the shop mode setting.  

Highlighted
Constellation

It worked for me on my HW- M37   Thanks so much   I've worked on this for two weeks. FINALLY

joy 

Highlighted
Constellation

@userBuOlsDgJK3 wrote:

With the power off, press and hold the volume down button (on the sound bar) until the display comes on and use the remotes navigation pad/buttons to change the shop mode setting.  

You absolute legend, I've been searching for  3 days to solve this on my HW-N950 Samsung support themselves even told me that only an engineer disable shop mode!! 

I love you x 

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes! You are a legend. I nearly threw my soundbar out of rage lol. Thank you so much

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine is a HW-M360 and turns on when plugged in and stay in HELLO. I can't hold the volume down off, because it turns on right after plugging it in to the electrical outlet. Help please!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

On your HW-M360, try press and holding the Play/Pause button for 5 - 8 seconds.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

That doesnt work. It stays in HELLO. Thanks for your reply!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userUPNx28C3ea In this case, we would recommend exchanging the unit with the retailer.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you. I think that is the only choice left.