cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

need help pairing HW-K850 with SWA-9000s

According to the compatible listing below, it should be supported but I am not able to get a connection established. I held down the volume button with the power off and got the ID SET message multiple times but the blinking blue light never went away. I also tried a hard reset (held down + and - volume on the soundbar) and still had the same issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated before I return these as it sounds like it should work. compatible hw-k850.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: need help pairing HW-K850 with SWA-9000s

Were you able to connect a wireless dongle as stated in the user manual? Link

Highlighted
Astronaut

Didn't appear to have a place for it to connect the USB-C port on the HW-K850 and it already has wireless built-in. I noticed in the manual it also said to skip it for the N8xx models as well so I expect it might be something similar for the K8xx unless someone knows otherwise.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hopefully someone from Community can chime in.

I sent this up the chain to get a verification on the compatibility since it's odd that the SWA-8000(an earlier model) supports most HW-K models but not this one and the SWA-9000 supports no HW-K models except for this one and the SWA-8500 fits somewhere in between.

If you have tried the set up steps as listed in the user manual and it is not working, I would try exchanging the unit while I wait for a response. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thanks SamsungGill, I have a little time to wait before I need to return it so I'll wait to see if anyone has an idea or experience with this particular pairing as any advise specific to getting this model to connect would be appreciated. Especially since it doesn't sound like there's any other options for rear speakers still being sold for HW-K850s and I'd like to make sure I fully explore this.