cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

q90T Audio Lag/Lip Sync

Latest firmware for TV, Xbox One X direct to HDMI 4 (Game) Port, HDMI 3 eARC to Onkyo TX-NR676.

Using Xbox App You tube is the most noticable- Audio seems faster than video.  

Netflix as well- but not as bad.

Cables are HDMI 2.1 High Speed.

Also once in a while Atmos drops for about a second- noticed while watching Ares on Netflix.

Any ideas on the Audio Lag?  Dissapointing as there arent many HDMI 2.1 receivers so eARC is the solution, but somethign is wrong.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: q90T Audio Lag/Lip Sync

I am having just about the same issue with my new Q90T.  I am seeing audio sync issues when watching live TV with my cable set top box and when watching live over the air TV with the HDHomerun hardware antenna receiver and it's app on my Roku.  Nextfilx movies don't seem to have the issue on my TV.  For me it seems live television is where the problem is occurring.  This is very dissapointing.  I have update the firmware on all devices and tinkered with all settings but can't seem to resolve this issue.  My cable box is the new Verizon Fios TV One.  I have tried all output resolutions on this box and my Roku inculding all of the UHD and HD resolutions.  I hope someone can give us the solution.  I may have to return this set and get a non Samsung TV.  I have recently retuned the Samsung TU 8000 because I discovered it was not a direct replacement model for the previous MU 8000 like one would expect and was not as good as the MU 8000.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Please keep me posted if you find a resolution Sir.

Highlighted
Asteroid

So I also posted on AVS Forums dot com and they are telling me the issue is becaseu the TV is eARC, and my current receive is only ARC.  I don't know.  I cant seem to find anyone who is using eARC from TV to eARC receiver to validate.  Hate to spend more oney on a new receiver and still have the issues.

Is your receiver eARC?

Highlighted
Asteroid

If you can still return the Tv go ahead and do that I'm stuck with this. I have the audio problem and I also have a dimming issue when playing HDR content with subtitles on  , every time the subtitles show up the screen dims you can see this perfectly if you have 4K Netflix a tv show called Omniscient on episode one at 27.20. Make sure the ecmode is off intelligent mode is off and you have the tv on movie mode or filmmaker mode with subtitles on . One las thing the 2020 Q90T is inferior to the 2019 Q90R. I I could I would exchange for the Sony 950 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello- Yes all the intelligent mode is off.  I have no dimming issues ( only tried once- I dont watch subtittled shows).

The 950 is a great TV but my primary use is gaming.

I have done a few more trouble shooting steps   I turned othe Dolby Atmos output on the TV and the LipSynching is good.  Dont some research is looking more and more like the bandwidth was causing the lag?  Tv to Receiver (eARC to ARC).

So with Atmos off, audio is great.