cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeyJoeyJoJo
Cosmic Ray

"Samsung Multiroom" Desktop App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have downloaded the "Samsung Multiroom" desktop app for my HW-J8500 Soundbar and four WAM1500 speakers and it works... Kinda. The desktop icon says beta across it so it makes sence that it is not flawless but I am looking if there is an update and I can't even seem to find the program to download anymore! Is Samsung going to discontinue support for the Radiant 360 Multiroom Audio Desktop App? I downloaded it onto my Samsung DP700A7D-S03US desktop computer running windows 10. Problems with the app are: The soundbar takes forever to be found, as soon as I try to use the app is stops the currently playing music and then I can play whatever I want after that. Also, when going onto any other multiroom audio app (On my S6 edge or Gear S3 watch) it stops the music and it reconnects to the new device (the phone/watch) to play music. Finally, when grouped, the group volume only adjusts the currently selected speaker and not the entire group. All these things used to work until my speakers updated their firmware and I updated my Samsung UN65KS8500 TV firmware to 1167 today. All functionallity is fine in the phones/watches I use with the system. Desktop app version 1.5.0

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: "Samsung Multiroom" Desktop App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there JoeyJoeyJoJo! There is actually version 1.6.9 available now. It is a little more difficult to find though thanks to website changes. You can go here and go to downloads under Product info to see the desktop downloads: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/radiant360-r1-r3-r5-wi-fi-bluetooth-speaker

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there JoeyJoeyJoJo! There is actually version 1.6.9 available now. It is a little more difficult to find though thanks to website changes. You can go here and go to downloads under Product info to see the desktop downloads: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/radiant360-r1-r3-r5-wi-fi-bluetooth-speaker

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JoeyJoeyJoJo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The 1.6.9 version is for a Mac but there was an update. Version 1.5.1 (newer than version 1.5.0 that I had) now works again!
useriMDXVQKKA1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Things are getting worse and worse on mac , before 1.7 i could launch the application (mac os sierra 10.12.4), it  was crashing randomly but "working". Since the last update, i can't even open it : "Can not open Samsung multiroom".

useriMDXVQKKA1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
After deeper investigations, Mac OS says the certificate has been revoked.
JoeyJoeyJoJo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a new Mac Version on the Samsung support website as of April 14, 2017. (Version 1.7.0)

userbgOcC32CH7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

joeyjoeyjojo,

I currently have the 1.5.0-beta version of the multiroom app and have tried the above links for the 1.5.0 version (they don't resolve) and see mention of the 1.5.1 version.  Couls someone please share the current link and or the application directly?

The 1.5.0 version just plain doesn't work.

Thanks,

Tom

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/radiant360-r1-r3-r5-wi-fi-bluetooth-speaker For MAC it's version 1.7.0  under "software".  

userqqzCPmGjRM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userkdG9YbvgCV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The latest app (Jan 5, 2018) for Mac no longer allows the speakers to be grouped, and none of the music services are available. What gives? The previous version (April 13, 2017) did both of things, but had Beta across the icon. Why would app now offer less?