cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

soundbar hw-q70r firmware upgrade

I see no way to usb manually install the may firmware upgrade. I suspect this has to be done via wifi. The smartthings app fails to add the soundbar, the msg is "need to setup wifi speakers". I've tried several things gleaned from the net, but what I need is 1) how to get the soundbar into wifi mode, and 2) how to install the firmware upgrade, and (3) will any of this help with installing swa-8500s speakers (no sound from these via bluetooth and surround mode). ??? <HIDDEN>

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: soundbar hw-q70r firmware upgrade

Hi There!  Here's a link on how to install the firmware to your speakers.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082755/

In regards to the wifi, have you made sure that all devices (the phone and the soundbar) are all on he same network?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

the link was to a usb install of the firmware, that is not possible with the HW-Q70R soundbar... the soundbar has an automatic update feature ? if connected by wifi... I put the q70r TV into wifi, got a tip from samsung tech - push the + and - on the soundbar to re-initialize the soundbar... after a couple of those I was able to use the smartthings phone app to do the firmware upgrade. Question - does the tv have to be connected via bluetooth in order for those swa-8500s speakers to work... I have the tv running off the hdmi cable and I still have the blue link on the swa-8500 receiver.  How can I test for output to those speakers ... what would be a good test movie or ? that would fire to those speakers. At this point, with those speakers set on (6) I still don't hear any sound, with the soundbar in surround sound mode.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You will be able to update it by using a micro USB to USB 3.0 or USB 2.0.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.