Home Theater

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Just Work OK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I didn't get stands, but I did get wall mounts you could tilt for $25 dollars a pair on Amazon and they work great. 

Jumbl SINSB7W ProGrip Ultra Stainless Steel Speaker Wall Mount Bracket, Pair of 2

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008J56UH0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thats the the good news, now here is the bad news. Almost every speaker mount or speaker stand made for this size surround speaker has a 1/4-20 thread pattern. If you look in your Samsung handbook it actually tells you these speakers have a 1/4-20 thread size........but they are wrong. The thread size on my speakers was 8 millimeter, which is almost the same. I almost went nuts until I figured it out. In the end I bought a 1/4-20 tap for $6 at Home Depot, ran it over my 8 mil threads, and now the holes are perfect 1/4-20 with no slop or play when I put in a 1/4-20 screw. You will need to do this to fit almost any mount or stand unless my speakers were the only ones in the world they used the wrong screw. I have the HW-K950/ZA

View solution in context

6 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Hello usertKWwxal2Cd, there are no official Samsung stands for these speakers.

0 Likes
usertKWwxal2Cd
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thank you...

@SamsungGill wrote:

Hello usertKWwxal2Cd, there are no official Samsung stands for these speakers.

0 Likes
Solution
Just Work OK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I didn't get stands, but I did get wall mounts you could tilt for $25 dollars a pair on Amazon and they work great. 

Jumbl SINSB7W ProGrip Ultra Stainless Steel Speaker Wall Mount Bracket, Pair of 2

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008J56UH0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thats the the good news, now here is the bad news. Almost every speaker mount or speaker stand made for this size surround speaker has a 1/4-20 thread pattern. If you look in your Samsung handbook it actually tells you these speakers have a 1/4-20 thread size........but they are wrong. The thread size on my speakers was 8 millimeter, which is almost the same. I almost went nuts until I figured it out. In the end I bought a 1/4-20 tap for $6 at Home Depot, ran it over my 8 mil threads, and now the holes are perfect 1/4-20 with no slop or play when I put in a 1/4-20 screw. You will need to do this to fit almost any mount or stand unless my speakers were the only ones in the world they used the wrong screw. I have the HW-K950/ZA

View solution in context

userRbVRr3qpZv
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I also had trouble finding the right screw for the surrond speakers. In the end I found out that the speakers use 1/4 UNC (coarse thread) screw thread. Many stores only sell the UNF-version (fine thread).

The 1/4 UNC screw fits perfectly 🙂

0 Likes
userNInH52obhW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Where can I find Samsong rear satellite speaker stands I see that they use a different Model number rtKWwxal2Cd for a stand that they say is comparable does anyone know where I can purchase these stands from.

0 Likes
userp5U1oO2131
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

What speaker stands are used in the Samsung demo videos and advertisements? Do they work? or are they just a 'prop'? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/sound-bars/hw-n950-samsung-harman-k...

0 Likes