cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

trying to get dolby atmos on onkyo nr737 from my q90r from my xbox 1 x

As the title said I have a samsung q90r (love it!). I have it hooked up to my onkyo nr737. On the sound settings it is only on PCM the other two dolby options are greyed out and I have the dolby atmos option lit up. On the xbox 1 I am trying to select dolby atmos but it says the device does not support it so it wont let me select it.  On my reciever it only shows PCM since I can not bitstream from the xbox 1 x.

When I connect the xbox 1 x straight to the reciever it works as I want it to bitstreaming and dolby atmos enambled. I have read other posts here saying both devices need to be dolby vision. If the source is the xbox 1 x and it works on the reciever is the q90r not able to just pass the sound through? Why is the TV blocking the single? I hope I explained this well enough. Thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: trying to get dolby atmos on onkyo nr737 from my q90r from my xbox 1 x

Do you have the soundbar connected through HDMI ARC?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.