Bixby note 9 can't manage location settings

SOLVED
Cosmic Ray

Re: Bixby note 9 can't manage location settings

Yes.

It is enabled. 

Cosmic Ray

After reading your message and seeing you asking about all permissions plural, I looked again under Bixby services and under permissions it shows no permissions. I clicked on the three dots on the top right-hand side of the screen and chose all permissions, and it only gives me definitions of what each permission means. I could not find anywhere where it will allow me to turn those permissions on or off.

I will keep looking for any other permission settings. Unless you have certain shortcuts I can use.

Cosmic Ray

Just FYI, I looked under apps and chose each of bixby's apps and the only one that requires permission and has location permission on is Bixby home. Bixby voice and Bixby services say no permissions required.

Samsung Moderator

@MJMustang Could you give these steps a try? 

•     Settings 
•     Apps 
•     3 Vertical Dots at the top right corner 
•     Show System Apps 
•     Bixby (all Bixby apps) 
•     Force Stop 
•     Clear Cache 
•     Clear Data  
Then restart the phone. 

Highlighted
Constellation

HI,

I have a similar issue, but on top of not being able to turn on/off location, I am not able to turn on/off mobile data (Settings -> Connections -> Data usage -> Mobile data).

I receieved the phone just 2 days back and I am using the latest versions of all the bixby and samsung apps. I even tried the force stop and restart method, as suggested in one of the replies on this thread.

Please suggest

Cosmic Ray

I don't understand why it says solved.

The issue is still happening.

Nothing suggested has fixed the issue. 

Here's what happens with Bixby: 

After I press Bixby button and say, "turn location on" Bixby says: I can't help with that right now, I'll keep learning. When I swipe down on that screen, this is what Bixby shows me:

Here's what I understood
What I heard
"Turn location on" (with the word location in blue color)
Choices I made
Service
Settings

This is exactly the same command word for word that I used to give to Bixby with my note 8 without any hiccups or issues.

I honestly don't understand how beta Bixby could be a lot more user friendly and quicker to understand and learn than the updated Bixby,  or the "new Bixby " Smiley Frustrated

Thanks