cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: 1st gen Family Hub software updates

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As long as Samsung continues with this Bixby and Tizen nonsense it doesn't matter.  It's all garbage.  No matter what updates they push out, if any, it will still be slower than molasses 

Like a moron I bought the "smart" fridge, range and dishwasher.  There is nothing "smart" about any of them.  Dumbest implementation I've ever seen.    

If only there was a way to put overwrite the Tizen OS with Android.... Now that would be something.  For Samsung to think Bixby can ever compete with Google Assistant or Alexa for that matter is insane.  They live in their own little world.  

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every year at CES for the past few years, Samsung has touted some new and great Family Hub feature and promised that all fridges will be updated. And then people come on here in March asking for an update, then summer, then by fall are bitching about Samsung's lies, and eventually give up only to have the cycle repeat itself at the next CES announcement.

The point is dont get your hopes up, 99% chance Samsung wont be doing anything to older Family Hub fridges out of warranty. They will simply release new models with these updates and tout how great they are. Samsung is terrible at supporting their products long term.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can just buy a 2nd gen door and swap out with 1st gen door?  This is very frustating.  I want Spotify and smart things.....

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to know what options we have here too...

a fridge is far too expencive to just replace when V2/V3 Etc come out.... how do we upgrade, when will samsung release a patch or a USB Firmware update file? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From what I've been reading it seems possible to swap out the family hub (computer and display). You don't need to replace the whole door it seems. I've been thinking of doing that myself with my first gen family hub since Samsung won't provide any answers or support.

another option is to seek legal recourse if you have the resources and patience.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Best recourse for me is to never buy another Samsung appliance, and to replace this refrigerator as soon as I can. I can't see replacing the family hub, just so Samsung can decide they don't want to support it 12 months from now.  And now the recipes service has gone down, too . . . Samsung should be ashamed of themselves. Next time I want a refrigerator with a hub, I'll be using an iPad on a magnetic mount.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi user.   I'm very interested in doing this swap out myself.   Can we colaborate on this a bit?  Where did you read about this and what info do you have.  [edit]

i'd love to chat about this.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regretfully we are unable to speculate on future updates.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung IS this being resolved? You have a lot of [edit] customers over this lack of updating.... now apps are dropping like flies. At least fix the URL's..  Whats next? Is the remote camera view going to stop working? This isnt an iPad, people dont want a new fridge ever 3 years!! Give us the source code then and someone will root the thing.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. This is ridiculous. I can't even get some regular YouTube videos to play anymore. Something needs to be done. They can't stop supporting a product that some people paid $5000 for just 3 years ago. People don't even swap their phones as frequently now let alone their refrigerator. C'mon samsung you have to step up and support your product!