cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

24 hours and freezer still not cold

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just waited 2 months for a 25RF series French Door fridge..... and 24 hours later.....

Delivery went fine... unit turned on and temps were set (37 and 0). The fridge got down to 37 just fine ad my wife indicated to me the freezer made it to 0 eventually. Since I work nights i slept roughly 3 to 10pm. When I went downstairs to go to work, I found it strange that the display was blinking "-8" in the freezer spot. I had no time to address this before work but sure enough the display was still flashing "-8" when I got home.

Water dispensed cold and ice dispensed, the fridge area remains at 37 but the flex drawer and the freezer were nowhere close to 0.

Placed a thermometer in both and they read around 60. 

KIlled power and waited 10 minutes, repowered and set temps again.

Freezer still 61 and the fridge is back to 37. And the display is not blinking.

So why the blinking "-8"?? The book says the display blinks with a sudden change in temp but this a bit much.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 24 hours and freezer still not cold

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01002092/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started. Also, you may be in the window for an accommodation with the retailer. You may be able to try them as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 24 hours and freezer still not cold

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01002092/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started. Also, you may be in the window for an accommodation with the retailer. You may be able to try them as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post