cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurenmshexe
Asteroid

4 door refrigerator RF32FMQDBSR/AA stopped cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had a complete runaround from Samsung support over this refrigerator. We purchased it 4/2/2014 for $4000.00. it was part of a complete kitchen remodel with new appliances. 6 months after purchase, the ice maker quit working (frozen up). after several contacts with support, I realized it was just a bad design, and turned it off.

We had no problem with living without an ice maker, but 5 weeks ago, the top portion of the refrigerator quit cooling. We noticed our food was all spoiled, and it was 63 degrees in the upper portion. I immediatly googled the symptom and model number, and found out lots of people have had the same issue with this fridge. 

I did the Samsung support chat and was advised to put in a support ticket, as the warranty on the fridge was out, but the sealed system was still under a 5 year warranty. I put in a support ticket and they sent out a local service tech. The tech looked at the fridge, removed the lower rear panel, then told me it was a sealed system problem and he could not fix it because of the flammable refrigerant used in this model. He wrote on the work order that the unit was unserviceable.

Now, I'm on my 5th ticket number, trying to get a resolution to this problem. We put out $4000.00 for a lemon fridge, and I have to go buy a different fridge, out of pocket, so we can keep groceries in the house to feed our kids.

I am almost to my wits end with this, and ready to call an Attorney to sue Samsung.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
laurenmshexe
Asteroid

Re: 4 door refrigerator RF32FMQDBSR/AA stopped cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The latest ticket # we have is 5115365695

View solution in original post

148 REPLIES 148
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Can you please provide one of your transaction number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

laurenmshexe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The latest ticket # we have is 5115365695

View solution in original post

uservIyM5AngTN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought this Fridge a few years ago when it first came out so I didn't get the benefit of reading reviews. And yes, I will be posting reviews everywhere of how bad this thing sucks!  I gave up on getting it fixed and just use the bottom part as a fridge. After reading this topic I realized how long this problem has been going on, called for help and was given a service reference number however will be responsible for the cost of the fix.  Absolutely ridiculous knowing this happens to every 4 door fridge they sell. One of the most profitable companies in the world and this is how they treat customers.

userFqemsyQ8cX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having a similar issue with my RF32FMQDBSR/AA that was purchased in Oct '14. Freezer working fine. Fridge section not cooling below 43F.

Had two calls with Samsung doing basic troubleshooting. Service # has been issued and I was told to call a specific 3rd party Samsung authorized repair center. Made the call and was promptly told by the repair center to not call them and that they would call me when they receive the ticket info from Samsung. It's only been 7 hours since the service ticket was issued, wonder when I should expect a call from the repair center?

I did call Samsung again about the response I recieved when calling the repair center. They told me this is incorrect and I should call them back. Will try tomorrow.... sounds like the beginning of a saga.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide the transaction number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFqemsyQ8cX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! Please keep us posted on the repair. 

userFqemsyQ8cX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Repair center called to reschedule from 11/21 to 11/22.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the update! Please let us know how it goes.