cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFqemsyQ8cX
Constellation

Re: 4 door refrigerator RF32FMQDBSR/AA stopped cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Samsung repair person checked out the fridge and identified the problem as an issue with the sealed unit. He was not certified to work on the sealed unit so I'm now waiting for Samsung to send someone else who is going to try and recharge the unit. 

I'll let you know what happens next.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your continued patience.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFqemsyQ8cX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Called Samsung Support on Friday as I never heard back about having someone come out who was certified in doing sealed unit repairs. They had no record of taking this action as a next step. Matter was assigned to dispatch team to find someone.

Called this morning, Tuesday, and the dispatch team has not yet identified someone.

Told to expect to hear from dispatch team by end of day Wednesday. 

Coming up on 2 weeks without a working fridge. Had to spend several hundred on a small fridge to hold me over.

userjmkvwLGCeL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem.  Guy came, said he had to order parts and left.  Told us that 2 years ago because of the butane leaking problem, the fridge would have been replaced, but now they knew how to fix them.  We called 2 days later and was told that the refrigerator was out of warranty, it isn't, and they apparently were not going to do a thing, even call us.  It still needed to be fixed!  We have now been living out of coolers for two weeks.  If they knew this EXPENSIVE fridge was defective, why didn't they do something?  Now they say the information is being given out that it is in warranty.  Based on our experience thus far,  have serious doubts that they plan on repairing our refrigerator.  I sure hope that I am wrong.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear about this @userjmkvwLGCeL, please feel free to send me a private message. to look into this further for you. 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
userjmkvwLGCeL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to me.  We are now at our max level of frustation.  The man who came and told us he contacted Samsung and ordered parts never returned.  We called the following Tuesday and were told that our fridge was out of warranty.  We sent paper work proving it wasn't.  Told they would send someone out the following Monday.  Recieved call today that they don't have the equipment to repair the fridge.  Had to contact Samsung again.  They say now that they will call next week.  Really!  Any suggestions on what to do now?  Still living out of coolers, everything is waterlogged and we are living with a beautiful expensive fridge that is worthless.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userjmkvwLGCeL: Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your service ticket number so, we can take a look at this for you. 

userjmkvwLGCeL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Week 4 without a refridgerator!  Despite Samsung's attempt to find repair people (3 different ones so far) no one will take the job as they say the tools are too expensive to purchase.  Okay, that leaves us with no refidgerator and no end in sight.  At what point does Samsung replace our defective one with a working one?  

Come on Samsung, do the right thing!!!!!

enlightenonq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE:  What a long and crappy process.   I have multiple pages of notes and dates and we were without a Fridge for 44 Days.

As above posts Fridge went down July 3rd.  Tech came out Multiple times (R600a System Failure) and we were at least lucky to have a tech that could service (R600a) systems.  Parts ordered and return visit scheduled.  Parts arrive and have to reschedule because the tools to repair (special scale to weigh the (R600a) has to be intrinsically safe for flamable fluids) is not in yet.  Wait another week and tech arrives to do the repair and then discovers rust and oil coming from the top right corner in the back of the unit and quickly declares "Un-Repairable".  Apparently the copper tube used with the (R600a) is being eaten alive and is now swiss cheese and leaking everywhere and opening the back and replacing foam encased tubing is not repairable....  So it's now July 21st.  Tech has to take pictures and close ticket and start another and put in a 7000 code as "Un-Repairable".  So that is done.  July 25th called and now the fun begins......  You will go thru phone transfer bingo and departments to get to the end.   So to continue I have to fax documents and original receipt... Done.  Called on July 27th and docs are in and I will be contacted next week on either check or replecement.  Called July 31st, no change in status and need to call back on Monday.  Called Aug 2nd and got transfered to the Executive Customer Relations Group,  They then move the documents forward (they were sitting doing nothing apparently) and the CSR enters all the data and I should expect a call in 3-5 days from the Exchange Group to process a replacement.  OK... but no call, Called on Aug 8th (were now at 40 days with no fridge) and was told the paperwork was processed on the Aug6th to the warrant exchange group and to expect 10 business days to process the request and to look if there were any replacements at the warehouse.  At this point "I'm so angry at this point that the left hand does not know what the right is doing".  Really!!!!  One group says one thing and the next says something else.  So called Aug 10th and talked again to the CSR and forcfully I get transfered to the WEG dept.  I'm now on hold for 1 hour and 5 min to talk to the next person....... who spends 5 min to tell me they do not have a replacment (duhh, it's a 32cuFt fridge and your largest is a 28 now).  So it's a refund.  This whole process for 5 min........ The whole amount and tax.  Great. I'm excited to finnaly know what direction we are going.....  the Wife and I go out and get a replacement Fridge on Aug11th to replace this problem.     Lots of more paperwork, emailingin stuff on Monday Aug 13th,  and we are told checks are processed on tuesday/thursday.  And I just happen to call today to check status after I get an email to login to tell them how to process the check "DOES NOT WORK".  And i'm told that the check has not happen yet "WHY?" glitch in the webpage.  So now i'm already goint to call again next week to get the check status.  It's never ending.

I had 5 ticket numbers for this whole process.  And it's not done yet.  Show me the money.....

48 days and still going waiting on a check.  All this becuase of faulty copper tubing that was not compatable with the (R600a) refrigerant.  Tech tells me the (R600a) units are dying all over the place.

All I can say is you need to call them constantly because the paperwork does not move unless you push it yourself (Department overload).  Keep driving them, call, call, call...  ask to talk to the next group up, document, document, document (find your original sales slip)  and be prepared to keep your sanity with all the steps it will take.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@enlightenonq - ***Update*** Your refund is being processed by our Accounts Payable team. The funds will be released sometime between today and Tuesday. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.