Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 4 door refrigerator RF32FMQDBSR/AA stopped cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@enlightenonq - Good morning! Your check was mailed last night. Please let us know when you receive it. Thanks so much!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userU3MKHBs87Q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue... the freezerworks fine 0-F, but the Refrigerator won't go below 53-F even when I set it to 37-F.  I've contacted Samsumg chat and followed their troubleshooting drections ( turn off power, defrost, wait, wait, wait... then reset power and wait 4-6 hours and still same problem...

I asked a friend about this Samsung rf32fmqdbsr refrigerator and he said there is nothing he can do, unrepairable..

It was manufactured December 2013, but in use for just over 5 years.  I'm very UPSET and told my wife DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR EVER AGAIN !   

no matter how cheap, how great it may look, I ended up with a $3000 paper weight.  My previous Whirlpool and GE refrigerators are in my rental homes and the GE is over 11 years old and still working fine...  and it cost about HALF of what I paid for the Samsung

I believe there is a serious design flaw in this unit just by the huge number of complaints I found online... just search Samsung RF32FMQDBSR not cooling problem and you will see.   I hope there is some RECALL or CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT so maybe I can get a replacement or refund.

Can anyone provide any direction of what to do next/get replacemnt/refund? 

I already lost all my food in refrigerator and need something done ASAP.   Thank you

PLEASE SEE SAMSUNG CHAT TRANSCRIPT BELOW...

It seems they are claiming to not really know about this widespread issue even after so many complaints in the past few years... I even pointed out to this group discussion.

9:06 AM
Hello Marcos False! I'm Samsung's automated Virtual Agent. Here to help you.
Here are some topics we can start with.

At any time you can type 'Menu' or click on menu button to see available options.

Support for a product I already own
How can I help you?

refrigerator not cooling
9:07 AM
Connecting you to a Care Pro now.

9:07 AM
I will be connecting you to a Samsung Care Pro who can help.

You are connected with Sravan Me from Samsung Care.
9:08 AM
Hi, Marcos! Thank you for contacting Samsung Support.

My name is Sravan and I'll be your Samsung Pro today. I'm here to help. Please give me a couple of minutes while I go through the conversation.
9:09 AM
refrigerator model RF32FMQDBSR/AA
9:10 AM
Thank you for the model number.
9:10 AM
serial# W76643BDC01251H
9:11 AM
Thank you for the serial number.
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/4-door-refrigerator-RF32FMQDBSR-AA-stoppe...
Just to confirm, do you see any OF OF code displaying on the control panel?
9:12 AM
same problem decribed by other customers...
no OF OF
I set temperatureto 37-F but stays above 50-F
9:13 AM
I followed samsung tech troubleshooting directions and still problem
Thank you for the information.
Please confirm the troubleshooting steps.
9:14 AM
I've contacted Samsumg chat and followed their troubleshooting drections ( turn off power, defrost, wait, wait, wait... then reset power and wait 4-6 hours and still same problem...
9:14 AM
May I know the troubleshooting steps you tried before prior to the chat.
9:15 AM
i did what tech told me
turn off power, defrost, wait, wait, wait... then reset power and wait 4-6 hours and still same problem.
tried twice
9:18 AM
I already lost all my food in refrigerator and need something done ASAP
9:18 AM
I can completely understand your concern as the same issue persists with the refrigerator.
9:19 AM
It seems to be an internal issue with the unit that needs to be physically diagnosed by an authorized technician.
As we tried all the troubleshooting and it still didn't help, assigning a service should be the best option.
If you like I will help you with the link to file a service request.
9:20 AM
that's what I read on the samsung forum other people did... and no solution
9:21 AM
is there a recall or service bulletin on this unit?
9:22 AM
Please allow me a few minutes to check that for you.
9:29 AM
Thank you for waiting.
9:29 AM
I appreciate your time and patience.
9:30 AM
Just to confirm, did the technician was from Samsung who said the instructions?
9:30 AM
yes samsung
9:31 AM
Thank you for the confirmation.
9:32 AM
I have checked the information for you.
9:32 AM
I see that there is no recall option on refrigerators.
9:33 AM
At this point, the best option is service to the refrigerator that would help us.
9:33 AM
any service bulletins? I read so many people with same problem since 2015
9:35 AM
We have thoroughly checked the information and observe no known or reported issues with the unit. The information posted on forums cannot always be validated, we observe that many similar described issues are posted as a unique issue, but when assessed the actual causes of these instances often differ. Content posted on third-party websites is always subject to opinion.
9:36 AM
it's from the samsung website...
9:36 AM
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/4-door-refrigerator-RF32FMQDBSR-AA-stoppe...
9:38 AM
exact same problem description
Coming to the community there are also moderators like chat support agent who works on the issues posted by users and most of the issue will resolve by troubleshooting steps and some required service to get the issue resolved.
If there was any issue Samsung would have stand behind their product.
Please share the model and serial number so that I can check the warranty details for you.
9:39 AM
refrigerator model RF32FMQDBSR/AA
9:39 AM
serial# W76643BDC01251H
9:41 AM
Thank you for the model and serial number.
9:42 AM
As per the model and serial number I see that warranty was expired on 02/28/2015.
9:42 AM
As performing the troubleshooting steps doesn't help and as the warranty was expired long time ago, you will have to pay for the service.
9:44 AM
I hope I didn't lose you.
9:44 AM
it seems to be a widespread issue and design flaw with this model
9:45 AM
I have checked my resources and found no such reported issues with your model refrigerator.
9:47 AM
dozens of complaints about the same problem on the samsung website would be "reported issues" with that model refrigerator
9:48 AM
There could be unanticipated issues with electronic components, not only with our products but any product with an electronic component in it. This is the primary reason why companies nowadays are only offering a Warranty, in place of a Guarantee on their products.
I hope you understand our limitations.
it seems that samsung does not want to acknoledge the problem and all complaints
9:49 AM
If there was an issue with your model refrigerator then we would have definitely helped you.
9:50 AM
I have double checked the information for you.
9:50 AM
I understand... never buy a Samsung refrigerator again. I appreciate your help, but I don't think samsung wants to acknoledge the widespread problem.
9:51 AM
I don't think it is worth to spend any more money on it for repairs
As the refrigerator is out of warranty, service will be chargeable.
I can definitely understand how you might be feeling and you have the right to express your thoughts about the product.
9:52 AM
Can I still get this ploblem documented / reported ?
9:52 AM
If there was a possibility to do it I would have done it for you.
9:53 AM
so samsung can become aware of how bad the problem is
9:53 AM
I will take it as a feedback from you.
9:54 AM
I hope you understand our limitations.
so unless it is under warranty or I pay for service, the problem does not get documented/reported?
Do you have any other questions for me?
9:55 AM
so unless it is under warranty or I pay for service, the problem does not get documented/reported?
Thank you for bringing this to our notice. But when we schedule the service our authorized technician will step into home and do the repair so that issue won't happen again near in the future.
We will take this as a feedback from your end.
9:56 AM
ok, thank you
9:57 AM
You're welcome.
9:57 AM
Do you want me to schedule on your behalf?
9:58 AM
no, I can't spend any more money on this after reading what happened to other people who had to pay for repairs... not worth it. no thank you
9:59 AM
If there was a possibility to do it I would have done it for you.
9:59 AM
As the warranty was expired long time back we do not have an option to offer you anything.
10:00 AM
Thank you... I need to just buy a different refrigerator now.
10:01 AM
I'm sorry that one of our customers has had a hard time.
10:01 AM
I truly understand your concern. I wish I could help you.
10:02 AM
I'm sorry, just very disappointed... thank you again, bye
10:03 AM
You're welcome.
no

userFqemsyQ8cX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I heard from the repair center today and have an in-home visit scheduled for 11/21. I'll post what the diagnosis is.

HancockJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You show solved??? How did you get it solved?? I need help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@HancockJ: Please send us a private message: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usermDahOEC4wR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem the fridge worked for 5 years. Called samsung  Checked out the fridge myself & found the seal system leaking. Took photo of leak & sent it to samsung. it was connections joining lines together. this fridge was still under the sealed system warranty . they said that the connection arn't warranty. but in the manual they say they are.  called back & complained they set up a repair ticket. The repair center told me it would cost me money for them to come down. Why should i have to pay when it is the sealed system.They don't stand by the warranty. got tired of not having a fridge & went out & got a ge fridge. 

AZBuddy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same sequence of events calling customer service now. 

Thanks

laurenmshexe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Stay on them. The RF32FMQDBSR/AA is unserviceable, unless there is a service center in your area that is certified to service sealed systems with flammable refrigerant. There isn't one in our area, so Samsung is refunding our purchase price.

FIXMY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you get a resolution? 

Lucia

uservaAwSK3GDG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide info on how you got the refund? We r having the same issue. Thanks

[Redacted]