cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 4 door refrigerator RF32FMQDBSR/AA stopped cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
userjJ3mLkKwsV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don’t know what transaction numbers you’re asking for. I purchased the unit from Home Depot in November 2015.  In sometime around March/April 2017 the icemaker went out. I contacted Samsung and they said it was no longer in warranty so I used my home warranty company for the repair. They replaced the icemaker and it was fine.  This year, in late June, the refrigerator cabinet stopped cooling.  Once again we contacted Samsung and were told it was no longer in warranty but they could send someone out at our expense. They also couldn’t share with us any idea as to how much the repair would cost. We went with our home warranty company again and they sent out three different repairman who replaced the parts I mentioned with Samsung original  parts and the unit still did not work. At that point the home warranty company said it was unrepairable.  They gave us $2700 towards a new refrigerator which we used to purchase a $3000 LG unit. 

userjJ3mLkKwsV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My solution was to purchase an LG that was delivered this morning. We had three different technicians come out and they replaced the condensor fan, the main circuit board and the temperature sensor. Nothing worked. By the way, all three repairmen warned me away from Samsung appliances. 

Locksley
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i did find a solution.  i took everything out of the fridge, and removed the back plastic piece that says "twin cooling".  check out this video, it is a bit fast, but you will get the idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlgLZeAazZE 

be careful when taking it out, as at the top left, the wires are short.  Mine seems to have iced up the fan, it stopped spinning, and the red wire melted out of the plug.  3 cents in solder fixed this. They were talking 500 dollars to come out and assess, and then MAYBE fix it.  This seems to be a pretty common occurence, and also a pretty easy fix, although the design flaw still remains.  ping me back with any questions, as if you are even the least bit handy, you can do this.  just go slow, as there is stuff you can break!  youtube is also a great help.

RL

jas4sons
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

worst and most exspensive fridge weve ever bought! weve had numerous problems with the ice maker its been serviced several times. then the water filter base went out now the fridge compartment wont cool! this thing isnt even 3 years old ive got a 15 year old kenmoore in the garage thats still going strong. i wont buy samsung appliances ever again and from the same complaints i keep hearing im supprised they havent had to recall these refridgerators 

user4SdqZj9KJs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same sequence of events/ troubleshooting here. Exact same, except brand new milk spoiling was our initial flag, no power outage. I’m feeling nauseous because we purchased Oct 2013, and 5-year extended Home Depot warranty expired Oct 2018... I’m afraid any manufacturer warranty will have also expired... pretty expensive appliance for a 5-year life span. Private message already sent to moderators here... 

userzjeJB6jEAv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nice job on your analysis!

userGsaT2xCIzl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same refrigerator with the same issues. My refrigerator is at 50 degrees and my ice maker will not work. I lost about $200 in groceries. Cannot get any help or support from Samsung. Did you get a resolution?

userFHb432ZNZL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately I have received no resolution.  The only response I received from Samsung was that maybe I left the door open and it caused the temp to go up.  Pretty ridiculous given my explanation of what is happening.  I ended up converting the bottom right to a fridge section so I could at least keep a few items on hand.  I'm hoping to try to do more diagnostics on it this week, but I'm not too hopeful.  There is a part of me that thinks is the compressor.  This particular unit has two compressors do the the large cubic feet of space.  One for the top fridge and one for the bottom two sections.  Even though I can put my hand on the compressor and feel it running, I question whether it's actually cooling.  If I find out an issue for sure, I will let you know.  I may have to pay a Samsung repair rep to look at it in order to deem the compressor failed, at which time they should cover the cost of repair since the compressor and sealed system carry a 5 year warrenty.  A lot of hoops to jump through though to get that to happen I'm sure.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFHb432ZNZL: Could you send us the serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.