Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQFdtYYtiBG
Astronaut

Re: 4 door refrigerator RF32FMQDBSR/AA stopped cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model#RF32FMQDBSR/AA

Add me to the list.  The refrigerator section quit working.  The freezer is fine.  I am just over the warranty period according to Samsung.  

I watched some videos regarding the problem.  Took off the cover inside at the rear.  Most videos showed the coils icing up, showed defrosting the coils and one showed to move the sensor.  When I opened mine, it looks like the rubber or tape around the heating element melted all over the coils.

IMG_1504.JPGIMG_1505.JPGIMG_1506.JPG

Anyone have any ideas how to address this?

Disgruntled Samsung Customer.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a private message with the serial number of the refrigerator. http://bit.ly/2XERsky 

Andrea-Gandy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So over the weekend I had the same problem that others have had.  My expensive 4 door Samsung refrigerator stopped cooling.  The freezer worked fine.  My husband said he thinks it stopped the week before because the milk along with other stuff went bad.  I searched on-line for instructions to set the temperature and to go through all the trouble shooting suggestions because I couldn't find my manual 

I bought my Samsung in 2015 when I remodeled my kitchen.  As I read the reviews I just couldn't figure out why everyone was saying the same thing?  Why would it stop cooling but still stay in the 50degree area.  Why wouldn't it stop all the way?  I was dreading having to take it apart to see if wires had melted along the back like some pictures I saw in this forum.  Well I finally found my manual and decided that I should first try to reset everything.  I had already unplugged the refrigerator and had turned the breaker off as suggested.  In one part of my manual it explained how to set the refrigerator to the "Cooling off Mode" .  This mode is used for retailers on floor models so that the compressor isn't running while on demo.  It keeps the refrigerator in the 50 degree mark.  So I set my refrigerator in this mode by touching and holding the CoolSelect button and the Freezer button for 5 seconds.  The display said that I had set the "Cooling off Mode".  I waited about a minute and did the same thing to turn off the "Cooling Off Mode".  Once I did the refrigerator started cooling down.  Within an hour it was down to 34 degrees.  I don't know if this will help anyone else but I thought it was worth putting it out there.  I'm also waiting to see if it reverts back to not cooling again.  If this fixes anyones cooling off problem please let me know.  Thanks

user1oqJ2vHomT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am now on this list of RF32FMQDBSR owners who have paid for a refrigerator that will no longer stay cold.  Samsung will not own up to this problem.  I am not getting any straight answers from Samsung or their authorized repair center.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user1oqJ2vHomT   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung_nBuQZJH
Astronaut

I think they should review the appliance.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think they should review the appliance.

Samsung_nBuQZJH
Astronaut

They should examine the merchandice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They should examine the merchandice

usersjLW7S2GgG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with this model.  Purchased May 2014.  Freezer works, ice machine works, but refrigerator is around 60 degrees and nothing has worked so far.  After reading similar posts, I don't feel confident in a successful resolution.  Has anyone had any luck with getting it repaired?  I don't understand why Samsung would manufacture something that cannot be repaired.  I can understand how mistakes happen, but I hope Samsung does the right thing here.

Update - 9/18 - Tech came out and charged $95 after opening the fridge door.  I should have had a local repair service do a full diagnosis for the same amount.  If it's the seal system, the fix could be around $700, and there's no guarantee that the problem won't come back again.  I called Samsung and spoke to a supervisor, who did nothing since it was a few months out of warranty.  Next step will be contacting the law firm that has a class action with this model for the ice issue.  

Winchester22
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issues as everyone else, fridge wont cool over 53 degrese, freezer works fine, after reading through all the threads on different forums i decided to call samsung they stated since i bought my fridge in 2013 it was out of warranty, i explained the issues we are having they stated that they'd schedule a tech to come out for an outrageous amount, i ended up calling a friend of mine who works on fridges. he stated that this particual fridge has R600 gas and most companies wont touch it due to it being flamable gas. so now we are stuck with a broken fridge that is defective.... hopefully samsung will step up and fix this issue, as an alternative i will be seeking legal counsel because there aren't any techs out there that work on the R600 fridges. if anyone has any suggestions i'm all ears!