cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userr3wWrS9LAN
Constellation

Re: 4 door refrigerator RF32FMQDBSR/AA stopped cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same exact problem. Same model. Bottom units work. Top unit is 50+ degrees. Sealed system defect. Have had 2 techs out here. Have to wait another 7 days to get a 3rd tech out here. I have small children, one with special needs that need refrigerated meds, and have had no working fridge for two weeks now. No offer of refund from Samsung despite the fact they know this is a manufacturers defect. The run around they are giving consumers is fraudulent. 

userSqDJJswEVg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is so frustrating! I've called samsung support twice and specifically said they need to send technician who can fix the R600 compressor, yet twice they sent tickets to service center who can't. Anyone knows how to contact a competent samsung person?

userK1IywDqag0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, can you tell me what happened?  Did they fix it?  The techinician came out to repair and Samsung said to replace the Thermostat, which he did, but that did not help.  The tech left saying he did not know how to repair it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userK1IywDqag0: Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

PORFIRIO_ALCANT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
4 door refrigerator RF32FMQDBSR/AA stopped cooling

We have had a complete runaround from Samsung support over this refrigerator. We purchased it 4/2/2014 for $4000.00. it was part of a complete kitchen remodel with new appliances. 6 months after purchase, the ice maker quit working (frozen up). after several contacts with support, I realized it was just a bad design, and turned it off.

We had no problem with living without an ice maker, but 5 weeks ago, the top portion of the refrigerator quit cooling. We noticed our food was all spoiled, and it was 63 degrees in the upper portion. I immediatly googled the symptom and model number, and found out lots of people have had the same issue with this fridge.

I did the Samsung support chat and was advised to put in a support ticket, as the warranty on the fridge was out, but the sealed system was still under a 5 year warranty. I put in a support ticket and they sent out a local service tech. The tech looked at the fridge, removed the lower rear panel, then told me it was a sealed system problem and he could not fix it because of the flammable refrigerant used in this model. He wrote on the work order that the unit was unserviceable.

Now, I'm on my 5th ticket number, trying to get a resolution to this problem. We put out $4000.00 for a lemon fridge, and I have to go buy a different fridge, out of pocket, so we can keep groceries in the house to feed our kids.

I am almost to my wits end with this, and ready to call an Attorney to sue Samsung.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send me a private message with you most recent transaction number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userdE7Lb9lxcH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having same issue for 2 days. I had purchased 4 door flex in Nov 2016. I had same issue during warranty it took two weeks to fix. Any one filling law suit? On call or chat with Samsung next to nightmarish...

Panhandle Mom
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Started having issues with the ice maker about 2 years ago. Seemed to happen after 1 used the option to make faster ice. Ice bin was cracked when I pulled it out, freezes up and quits making ice, bin gets frozen in place, I have to defrost it to get the bin out and defrost the ice maker. About a month ago it started having this sweet chemical smell that gets in the ice and food in the fridge. I had a Kenmore for years, had family that needed fridge,  both this and passed it down. It's still going strong, can't say the same for this one. Really disappointed!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

userjJ3mLkKwsV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am in the same boat.  We purchased our unit in December of 2015. In March of 2017 the ice maker died. I have a home warranty so they replaced it for my $100 copay. In late June I noticed our milk had spoiled after just a couple of days. I put a thermometer in the refrigerator and it was 58 degrees. I called our home warranty company and they have been out several times. They replaced the compressor fan and now the control board and temperature sensor. The top refrigerator section still will not get above 55 degrees. At this point replacing it is the only option but I am livid. A refrigerator, especially one at this price, should last more than 2 1/2 years!