cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 4 door refrigerator RF32FMQDBSR/AA stopped cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a private message with the serial number of the refrigerator. http://bit.ly/2XERsky 

Andrea-Gandy
Constellation

Re: 4 door refrigerator RF32FMQDBSR/AA stopped cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So over the weekend I had the same problem that others have had.  My expensive 4 door Samsung refrigerator stopped cooling.  The freezer worked fine.  My husband said he thinks it stopped the week before because the milk along with other stuff went bad.  I searched on-line for instructions to set the temperature and to go through all the trouble shooting suggestions because I couldn't find my manual 

I bought my Samsung in 2015 when I remodeled my kitchen.  As I read the reviews I just couldn't figure out why everyone was saying the same thing?  Why would it stop cooling but still stay in the 50degree area.  Why wouldn't it stop all the way?  I was dreading having to take it apart to see if wires had melted along the back like some pictures I saw in this forum.  Well I finally found my manual and decided that I should first try to reset everything.  I had already unplugged the refrigerator and had turned the breaker off as suggested.  In one part of my manual it explained how to set the refrigerator to the "Cooling off Mode" .  This mode is used for retailers on floor models so that the compressor isn't running while on demo.  It keeps the refrigerator in the 50 degree mark.  So I set my refrigerator in this mode by touching and holding the CoolSelect button and the Freezer button for 5 seconds.  The display said that I had set the "Cooling off Mode".  I waited about a minute and did the same thing to turn off the "Cooling Off Mode".  Once I did the refrigerator started cooling down.  Within an hour it was down to 34 degrees.  I don't know if this will help anyone else but I thought it was worth putting it out there.  I'm also waiting to see if it reverts back to not cooling again.  If this fixes anyones cooling off problem please let me know.  Thanks