cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFHb432ZNZL
Constellation

Re: 4 door refrigerator RF32FMQDBSR/AA stopped cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung fridge not cooling  on the top.  Here is the series of events that led to the top fridge section not cooling.

Power Outage during the day

Came home to find out the fridge wasn't cooling but the freezer is fine.

Pulled up an error code of E5 which seems to be a common problem after power outage

Unplugged the fridge for 10 minutes to reset and plugged back in.  Same error code, same problem.

Found out the E5 is also the defrost temp sensor.  Ordered a new one and replaced it.  No longer have an E5 error, but still same symtoms of not cooling.

Pulled off the back plate cover to clean the coils of dust.  There was zero dust on the coils.  Also checke both compressors and both were running.

Evaporator fan is running.  Fan in fridge is blowing cool air, but not cold.  

Defroster had no ice buildup and only a tiny bit of frost on the coil in a 3 inch section in the upper right hand corner.

Poured warm water down the defrost drain and it drained into the pan showing no ice buildup in the tube.

Unplugged the fridge and manually defrosted it.  Left it off for 6 hours with doors open.  Plugged back in, same symptom.

I've checked everything I can possibly think of.  Can anyone provide any help?

Model: RF32FMQDBSR/AA

COMPRESSOR: MSV172AL1B/E01 & MSV460AM1B/E01

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see you've sent us a private message userFHb432ZNZL, I'll follow up with you there.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
same issue with same model and compressor numbers. Bought less than two years ago. Is the best way to run the Samsung service gauntlet? This certainly sounds like a design flaw or manufacturing defect this should cover all owners for repair or replacement...
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNw89asnCgz: Could you send us a private message? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

userDdWLfv9G3U
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same fridge and our bins have started cracking and breaking. Not one but 3-4 bins at the same time. This is a defective model and Samsung refuses to provide any solution to it. Does anyone else have the same problem of cracking bins? 

useryYO5uTrMh7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don’t have the same model, but several bins have cracked. 

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryYO5uTrMh7

I understand your concern and would like to look into your issue for you.  You wrote you have cracked bins?  Can you please provide a more brief description of which bins are cracked.  Please provide me with your complete model code and serial number to the link below and I will look into your issue.

uservFdNw6Stsf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, did you ever find out what the problem was or did you have you issue solved?  Your description of what lead up to the problem sounds identical to my mom's but the Samsung tech gave up, and said it was unserviceable.

4 year old fridge, ready to go to the curb.  Unless you found a solution?

Please let me know if you don't mind. Thanks, Mark.  <HIDDEN>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have?