cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

AWFUL PRODUCTS Refrigerator and Dishwasher

I don't even know where to begin with these Black Stainkess appliances.  I thought they were so beautiful and had to have them and I am so disappointed with my purchase. My plan was to buy the entire set however my refrigerator and dishwasher needed to be replaced ASAP so I bought those two items first… Worst purchase I've ever made! 

RF23J9011SG/AA The model of my refrigerator which I have had 3 1/2 years about and I'm on my second repair due to the icemaker freezing up and not working. Luckily I bought the five year extended warranty at Best Buy however if this needs to be fixed every two years it's going to start costing money to keep this refrigerator. Not only the ice machine freezes and stops working somehow also leaks water in your refrigerator at the same time. When you do get ice it's not very much often just enough for about two glasses. Although I have mine set on cubed ice it constantly spits out crushed ice all over my floor which is very annoying not only I don't like picking up the ice off the floor but I don't like to clean the floor every time I want something to drink. 

Also this refrigerator has the worst bin design I have ever seen... at the bottom front there is a thin open area you could probably fit a penny in the slot the problem is all the crumbs that fall to the bottom of the bin also fit in the slot and there is no way to take the bin apart to clean it so you get this disgusting mess that you can't do anything with, I can't believe someone designed the bins so they cannot be properly cleaned.

Although the black stainless is pretty it's very delicate a slight bump or scratch and it's very noticeable and ruined I really don't recommend this color to anyone. I don't have children so I can't imagine anyone who has kids or teenagers using it regularly.  The doorhandles are constantly smudged they are magnets for fingerprints.

The filter is really hard to change although I change it frequently the red light is constantly lit up it never goes away, I don't know why or how to turn it off.

DW08K5050UG My dishwasher is the worst dishwasher I've ever owned!  My dishes are always wet no matter what cycle I put them on I always have to dry them. The most annoying part is taking out dishes not expecting them to be wet and then water drips all over the floor drives me crazy. I have had this issue fixed once however when they allegedly fixed it they dented the front door and somehow broke the jet dry dispenser so when I put the jet dry in the dispenser it started leaking all over the inside of the dishwasher. If you call and tell them your dishwasher doesn't dry the fix they tell you to do is to use a rinse aid like jet dry.... which I do but it doesn't do any good if the dispenser lets it all run down the door. Repair came back fixed the dispenser but my Dishes are still always wet.

The touch buttons to operate the dishwasher don't always work, sometimes I'll have to press power or start five or six times before it actually works. Which for me is just really annoying but for some people it could make it really difficult to use the dishwasher. Same with the refrigerator any little bump or Nick very slightly will damage the color or the face of the front of the dishwasher I do not recommend the black stainless at least the Samsung brand is very cheaply made. The touch buttons to operate the dishwasher don't always work sometimes I'll have to press power or start five or six times before it actually works. Which for me is just really annoying but for some people it could make it really difficult to use the dishwasher. Same with the refrigerator any little bump or Nick very slightly will damage the color or the face of the front of the dishwasher I do not recommend the black stainless at least the Samsung brand is very cheaply made

you get this black stainless dishwasher with a very cheap looking black metal plate that has two screws showing at the bottom of the kick plate I know most people won't even notice that but in my kitchen I can see it it looks very cheap. 

When I remodel my kitchen I plan to get rid of these appliances and I will never buy Samsung appliances again! I can't believe the cheap product Samsung has put out I am very unhappy with my purchase. Brand new kitchen appliances should not need repair within the first year or two of owning them… Brand new kitchen appliances should not need repair within the first year or two of owning them…EVER! Much less repeatedly. Sad customer here. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for not recalling these items entirely. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: AWFUL PRODUCTS Refrigerator and Dishwasher

I am in  total agreement with you! 

I have read just about every post on this site and it's really dis-heartening but running across yours sounds much like what I have experienced and how I feel about the products.  I also noticed that you did not receive any acknowledgement from Samsung, as some of the other posts have.  I am hoping they contacted you privately.  At least that would redeem some form of faith in them.

I too purchased the full suite of Samsung kitchen appliances in black stainless because they aesthetically caught my eye.  TERRIBLE decision!  I have  encountered issue after issue! The dishwasher had to be replaced after I had only used it 6 times, guess that should have been my first clue.  Even still, it is the absolute worst dishwasher I have ever owned!!  Now over the weekend I have collected two Samsung repairs for my service technician. YES, two at once; my dishwasher started giving me a PC error code that will not go away and my range/stove display started flashing constantly.  Another ruined weekend, those two get added to my ice maker which churns and churns and when it fianlly does distribute ice which should be cubed, it spits basically crushed ice everywhere!  I put that one off because it's not as critical and I don't want to deal with it.   Just frustrating.

I too  am single and really do not put these appliances to much of a test,  so I couldn't imagine if they had to be put to the real test of family durability because quite frankly I'm not certain how they would endure!  I'm just over these appliances!!   Kitchen appliances are expensive they are not a disposable purchase!!  Never another Samsung.

Frustrated, Too!

Highlighted
Asteroid

It's a shame.... just had the dishwasher fixed again however they didn't do anything besides run it for two hours empty with vinegar in it...Samsung should contact me about my electri bill and my wasted time off work but not a peep! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung is AWFUL!!!  We have the family hub and have had to have the ice maker fixed Atleast once a year.  Here we are again and it's not working.  Apparently the only way to get if fixed or your money back is to contact the news stations.  If that's what we have to do, then we will.  Samsung is aware of this problem amd yet they keep selling these pieces of garbage.